Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I agree with most of the above (except the bit about the Clerk of the Course being harsh on Jackson in race 1). Jackson performed stunningly well. Jones was exceedingly impressive, and Stockton looked genuinely fast. A word of praise to Mike Jordan, too, who looked just as competitive as he did in 2006. Perhaps the Motorbase Toledos were a tad disappointing, but I'm sure they'll move nearer the front as time goes on. But will any of the Alfas ever show good form?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Eoin Murray would have been up with Adam Jones I think had he not had his qualifying accident, and I'm fairly certain in time Pinkney will be too. Don't forget he only got his car last friday, so has barely driven it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    jackson was fantastic!
    damn right that he yet to show his full hand!

just looked back through the results, shame his 3rd place in race 1 didnt stand because its possibly best ever placed finish for a debutant (main btcc class) for ages!
    team156.co.uk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    jackson done great espically being run by a family team well done to all involved.
    BTCC-All the Honda's
    WTCC-Priaulx
    V8-Lowndes and courtney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I agree with most of the above (except the bit about the Clerk of the Course being harsh on Jackson in race 1). Jackson performed stunningly well. Jones was exceedingly impressive, and Stockton looked genuinely fast. A word of praise to Mike Jordan, too, who looked just as competitive as he did in 2006. Perhaps the Motorbase Toledos were a tad disappointing, but I'm sure they'll move nearer the front as time goes on. But will any of the Alfas ever show good form?
    Well don't forget this weekend effectively tripled Motorbase's race experience with the SEAT Toledo compared to GR Asia's 2 years of experience with the car. I suspect had it not been for Adam Jones' excellent results Motorbase would be quite happy with their own.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VkmSpouge
    Well don't forget this weekend effectively tripled Motorbase's race experience with the SEAT Toledo compared to GR Asia's 2 years of experience with the car. I suspect had it not been for Adam Jones' excellent results Motorbase would be quite happy with their own.
    This is true.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I'd rate his debut better than Rob Huff's and maybe Shedden's, and certainly better than Pickford or Smiths
    I would strongly agree with you there. MJ has been highly rated for a while now, was undoubtedly the class of the field in Seats last year. The way he sets the car up, his driving style, handling the car on the limit was a joy to watch.

It's no great surprise he's now comfortable driving RWD BMW. But in a small family run team, MJ mixing it with the big boys like a veteran - great stuff.

Deserves greater things in the future other than just racing in BTCC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just want to add my voice to those in praise of Mat Jackson.

Not only did he perform extremely well in all three rounds but what we must not forget is with a time of 49.789 he set the second fastest lap in the entire meeting. The only faster driver was Jase in Race 1 when he set a time of 49.706. A very good feat for a family run Independent team. The 320si will serve them extremely well indeed and may be a priceless asset.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidy_fan
    agree totally, Mat drove a mature race there and was truly deserved, IMO the COC was a bit harsh in race 1 but that is racing
    Not dissing Mats talents as a racing driver, I was very impressed with his driving as I was in SEATs last year but the COC was dead right to penalise him in race 1. There is never any excuse to ignore a flag and to complete 2 or 3 laps dropping gear box oil is unforgivable. I have had to clean up circuits after cars have done this before and it is very hard work to try and get the track safe in as short as time as possible. I would not say Race 1 was mature but maturity will come.
    Want to get involved in MotorSport ?
    You can though Volunteers in Motorsport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

I agree, me and my dad were super imprssed with his performances in all 3 races, unfortanate about race 1, but yeah, one to watch this year, and he is in a good car, so no reason why he should not be up there
    100% out and out Ferrari fan.