Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2013?

Is it too soon to start thinking about next year? I wondered if anyone has an update on the 2013 schedule? I'd like to see Road America added to the schedule. How about others?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    re. 2013:

remember TG and the Sisters said if Indycar series does not turn a profit by 2013, they are done.

Better question: 2014 ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good schedule, if this would it be... 18 races, and Pocono Raceway being on the schedule would be nice IMHO.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    re. 2013:

remember TG and the Sisters said if Indycar series does not turn a profit by 2013, they are done.

Better question: 2014 ?

When was this said?
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    When was this said?
    Link for example: IRL: 2013 or bust | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com

"That quote involved George saying the series better be profitable by 2013 or “there won’t be a 2013.” "

More ...

Terry Angstadt, president of IRL’s commercial division seemed to take George’s comment seriously. “I’m familiar with the comment,” Angstadt said straight faced when I asked him about George’s statement in an interview last month.

He then detailed the challenges the IRL has faced and must conquer, including the costs of unification. Angstadt added: “I’m 100 percent confident we will have a long-term sustainable model by 2013.”

QUESTION: Do you believe ICS has a long-term sustainable model ??? Many would say they do not ...

PS- it took me about 10 seconds to find this on Google, you couldn't do that yourself ?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    10 seconds I would have wasted, TG has nothing to do with it now. This article seems to be before the merger even. Irrelevent...
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I heard they are actually making a small proffit now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    10 seconds I would have wasted, TG has nothing to do with it now. This article seems to be before the merger even. Irrelevent...
    Wrong. IndyCar is owned by the Hulman-George family. George as in G::: T... G... TG is either back on the board or influenntial with the Hulman George sisters and his buddies are on the board. Not "irrelevant". That aricle was from 2009, well after the merger. Before you criticize please get your facts straight. The only 10-seconds wasted was the time i spent reading your post.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Granatelli
    I heard they are actually making a small proffit now.
    Cannot verify yet. Hope its true, however my observation is that any NET profit would be due to severe reductions in expenses not increase in revenues. This seems to be evidenced by the fact that Indycar has no money for proper promotions, cars, etc ... The series is so cash strapped due to poor attendance and ratings that they now have to drive bargain basement cars and engines. Or they have Tim Geithner cooking the books ...