Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Schedule for May 4

I'm thinking about going to Richmond on Friday the 4th of May for the Busch race. Does anyone know where I can find a schedule of track activities that day?
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Usually about 1 week before the race, the track website posts the weekend activity schedule.
    Some tracks are more in depth than others, nothing posted @ richmond.com yet.

You might want to keep checking it @ http://www.rir.com/
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Stan.

The substantially better half has a function planned for Satrurday so I won't be able to do the Cup race, but I thought of taking off a half day and running down to Richmond for a great afternoon and evening of NASCAR. I was really hoping that the Cup qualifying would be on Friday, but I'm not sure since I'm hearing that it's an "impound race". That might mean that qualifying would be on Saturday.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lee Roy.

I live in Richmond and go to the races. I can tell you that Friday is very busy. Busch and Cup practices are on Friday as is both qualifying sessions.

Once the evening comes the Busch race happens. Try to get the whole day off. The first practice is at 10 or 11 AM.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lee Roy...I might be wrong, but I don't think there are any impound races for Cup anymore and the qualifying for Cup is always on Friday. (Thursday for the Coke 600 & week before for the 500). Maybe 'Dega is still impound with Sat. quals? Not sure & not sure where to find out that info.

Any who...since Richmond is an ISC track, download the PDF of their fan guide. It may already have the weekend schedule. I know the Michigan track guide always has a prelim. schedule when they send it out.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    Lee Roy...I might be wrong, but I don't think there is any impound races for Cup anymore and the qualifying for Cup is always on Friday. (Thursday for the Coke 600 & week before for the 500). Maybe 'Dega is still impound? Not sure & not sure where to find out that info. Even the Saturday night races have a Cup practice in the morning of the same day.
    It was announced about a week ago that it would be an impound race. Don't know why, even with Busch support race there would seem to be enough time in a two day Friday/Saturday weekend, to get a happy hour session in.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The schedule hasn't been released by NASCAR yet, I just checked the NASCAR members website. It is an impound race, I think that's one of the reasons that NASCAR picked Richmond as one of it's tests this season.