Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
    Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Did anyone counted how many times Novikov was off during this rally? 1. U-turn, 2. Jari-Matti corner, 3. Popcorn corner 4. roll corner.. any more? That shows how important is the safety (gravel) crew. at least three of those off could have been avoided I think.
    The hairpin overshot:
    Crash Novikov ES 14 WRC Rallye de France 2012 - YouTube
    NOVIKOV sur ES14 Rallye de France 2012 : Chaud devant ! - YouTube

and a near off too:
    Evgeny Novikov WRC France Alsace 2012 (HD) - YouTube

do we have video for the error in JML corner?

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Perhaps he needs Denis back!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 1,784 Times in 422 Posts
    do we have video for the error in JML corner?[/QUOTE]
    The same video.. look until the end: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=424616717596273
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 1,784 Times in 422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    The place where he went into the corn could not really be predicted as slippery by the gravel crew, nobody really cutted there on recce, also just before first run it must have been clean. We drove the stage on thursday before, everyone who knows something about rally could see that the corner is made to cut, if you're for example 10th on the road you know that 9 guys should have cutted it already so it would become one big mess... I was there in 2nd run and 1/3 of the drivers went into the field. About the other places I can not disagree.
    Well, just before the corner there was a lot of water. Rain started on the previous night already and more rain in the morning. It looked to me that he loosed the car on the standing water already. Such places are usually noted by safety crew.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    N.O.T is probably too busy protesting against the stupid Euro-countries giving aid and demanding budget cuts for Greece
    Street fighting with police is now a full-time job in Greece. Just imagine how much it takes to make a good Molotov cocktail and you need them by the dozen when things hot up in a clash. I always thought N.O.T. is a tough lad and I wouldn't want to announce him a pay cut.
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Did anyone counted how many times Novikov was off during this rally? 1. U-turn, 2. Jari-Matti corner, 3. Popcorn corner 4. roll corner.. any more? That shows how important is the safety (gravel) crew. at least three of those off could have been avoided I think.
    He had a gravel crew though. Clearly it was of no help.

Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo
    Hayden Paddon's off as viewed from the onboard camera is on his facebook page. Such a simple thing causes so much dissapointment for any other time one would expect to get away with it.
    Yeah, really tragic. Hayden is not a tourist, he has worked very hard to put together a programme coming from a small country, and is very fast. But two mechanicals and an off and he's out of the running this year. He has been the fastest SWRC by far on the stages that his car has actually run - I'd guess 60-70% of them - and he hasn't had a single rally ending driver error in like three years until now. I hope somebody's watching the SWRC stage times this year in a search for a driver to sponsor (or hire for a team!).

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    I don't know what you think, but mads impressed me this week end. I start to really like him. Challenging neuville which has more experience in tarmac, it's quite good. I guess having him a factory driver next year will be a big gamble, but i really hope we will see him again. also because he always says something funny or stupid at the end of stages... i think neuville is quite boring, sorry for his fans.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Offcourse not only Novikov had hot moments, JML has them too like always

Sortie Latvala - YouTube

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think PG made it hard for himself to win SWRC. Drives too hard in the Proton but very spectacular.