Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Discuss ABC coverage of St. Pete

Well, overall pretty poor coverage I'm sure most will agree. They spent some money on their graphics which was nice and they did throw out the twitter hashtag for the race (which is something big for Indycar this year) but they really dropped the ball in a few places.

What happened to Bourdais? Why no update on RHR's fuel issue? Several key passes were missed (I saw them happen live) and then they went back to replay them. How about the race off pit road for Helio to see if he cycled out in front of Dixon?

How about the Helio pass for the lead?

Also we needed a lot more post race coverage. While Power and Dario had a poor showing, as leaders last season they should have been interviewed to find out what happened. How did Power go from 19th to 7th?

Post your observations here.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ABC lived up to it's normal standards.

Dismal
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Terrible sound. Same boring trio using repetitive statements. New cameras on the cars but not seen much. No pit reporting and information on drivers that did not finish. Same bs from espn. Cameras should be closer to the track to get a speed and corners better.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was what I expect from them from them, borderline of unwatchable.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pathetic

ABC's sub standard production value has once again given Indy car a black eye. If they ever decide to go with top notch production, their ratings will increase. After the first 5 laps, the cars seemed slow, looked like modified go carts from the back and had to listen to the excruciating rhetoric from Reid and Goodyear.

Nascar ratings went up when FOX got into the game and threw money and brought in top resources to improve the production. I didn;t even see any significant changes in the production as far as a new intro, hell any wow factor would have worked. Then I heard the pathetic ABC Indy CAr theme music and said, its going to be a long year. Lets see if NBC Sports brings up the Game with their coverage. At least wally is tolerable.

Seriously, get rid of goodyear and Reid. It is taking credibility away from the series.
    i KNOW WHAT i like and i like what I know

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In the UK the feed cut out for five minutes or so, at which point they just had to throw back to the UK studio with no sound or pictures to help them. It was actually better than listening to the US commentators plug tv shows and go to advert breaks. Would be nice if they were at least slightly informed!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whoever picked the background music had good taste, I'll give them that much.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Reid didn't get on my nerves too bad today. Goodyear on the other hand...
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My local ABC affiliate chose to cut to an infomercial as soon as Helio came down from climbing the second fence. The one thing that struck me about the coverage was that Marty and Scott had the good sense to shut up when Helio climbed that second fence. And I appreciated that very much. The rest of their coverage, as always, sucked.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disko

Seriously, get rid of goodyear and Reid. It is taking credibility away from the series.

Agreed! After watching the F1 coverage I found myself wondering how if they were even watching the race.