Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Bernie is just doing what he does, asking for more money or he else he'll go to the next Arab or Far Eastern state with billions burning a hole in their pockets.

F1 could do with Bernie retiring to a nice beach somewhere.
    See, Bernie has more contracts for future races than he has weekends the teams will agree to participating in. He needs to drop a race for Russia next year doesn't he? follow the money, and you will find Bernie. He conveniently lost the USGP for a while, picked up a few multi million contracts with new events, and then he thins the herd. Then once he has the $$, like for instance Valencia, sees that it's a failure on just about all accounts, he moves on, drops the race, adds another. so now we alternate german venues, likely alternate, france and belgium, possibly valencia and Barcelona, or jsut loose one altogether. Bahrain looks to me to be a hug e longshot for returning, Korea was and will be a waste of time. Shanghai, same IMHO. I understand dumping races noone attends, but he dumps popular well attended races that STILL can't meet his financial demands for races NO ONE attends simply because someone has a fat bank account. India was suprizingly well attended, AbuDhabi is an amazing facility and much more western and stable politically than Bahrain, and I think Singapore has been a success by most accounts, but most of the other tracks added in the past ten years have been total failures commercially. As was tried a few years back, F1 needs a budget downsizing IMHO.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    Doesn't Bernie find a reason to threaten to take away the Australian GP about every four or five years?
    More like every year, about 2 weeks before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    He is like a used car salesman that graduated to pimp
    That's exactly what the situation is. Spot on.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    It's not as simple as that. As I've stated many many times, lower fees mean less money to the teams and that's bad for F1.
    Really? That means that the model is flawed and should be changed. In fact there would be enough money for the teams if it wasn't for someone else pocketing the largest part of it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Really? That means that the model is flawed and should be changed. In fact there would be enough money for the teams if it wasn't for someone else pocketing the largest part of it.
    I agree with that in principle but current contracts are what they are. I'm sure Bernie & co would still make a nice profit even if they got something like 20% less money.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    See, Bernie has more contracts for future races than he has weekends the teams will agree to participating in. He needs to drop a race for Russia next year doesn't he? follow the money, and you will find Bernie. He conveniently lost the USGP for a while, picked up a few multi million contracts with new events, and then he thins the herd. Then once he has the $$, like for instance Valencia, sees that it's a failure on just about all accounts, he moves on, drops the race, adds another. so now we alternate german venues, likely alternate, france and belgium, possibly valencia and Barcelona, or jsut loose one altogether. Bahrain looks to me to be a hug e longshot for returning, Korea was and will be a waste of time. Shanghai, same IMHO. I understand dumping races noone attends, but he dumps popular well attended races that STILL can't meet his financial demands for races NO ONE attends simply because someone has a fat bank account. India was suprizingly well attended, AbuDhabi is an amazing facility and much more western and stable politically than Bahrain, and I think Singapore has been a success by most accounts, but most of the other tracks added in the past ten years have been total failures commercially. As was tried a few years back, F1 needs a budget downsizing IMHO.
    Bernie deserves much, much more criticism than he has ever received for the Bahrain fiasco — and he's been on the receiving end of quite a lot. The whole affair is a disgrace.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    As a taxpayer... please take it away Bernie. I don't really want to be subsidsing your salary.

I'm writing a letter to my local MP and to the Minister for Immigration and Customs asking them to deny the little imp entry to Australia on the grounds that he is an extortionist.

Go away Bernie. Please sit on the pointy end of a pineapple.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    I agree with that in principle but current contracts are what they are. I'm sure Bernie & co would still make a nice profit even if they got something like 20% less money.
    They've already got too much, could start giving back something to the sport that made them filthy rich.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Bernie deserves much, much more criticism than he has ever received for the Bahrain fiasco — and he's been on the receiving end of quite a lot. The whole affair is a disgrace.
    Exactly.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    when you look at how many australians are in f1 in one way or another i do not see why it should be 55 million per year
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CNR
    when you look at how many australians are in f1 in one way or another i do not see why it should be 55 million per year

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it all start when Melbourne wanted the F1 race at any cost? I doubt they'd be paying such a huge fee in Adelaide.
    “Leave me alone!”