Page 56 of 525 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    With VW already testing for 2017 and Citroen dropping from manufacturers to focus on it, I think it is not a good moment for M-Sport. They will spend a bigger amount of money, times and resources for 2016 and will start from what seems an inferior car.
    The r5 market is opening to new cars like Skoda, Hyundai and so on.
    Plus, some private drivers are reducing their presence on WRC. How do you think Wilson will manage this situation? Or am I wrong on describing it?
    This is a great post. On the mark. I hadn't thought of it like this!

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    This is a great post. On the mark. I hadn't thought of it like this!
    Are you ironic or serious?

Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Hahaha, serious. No sarcasm.

4. Likes: AL14 (24th November 2015)
    Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    Wilson has plenty of money. (...) Malcolm just does not appear to be willing to use any of that money to pay for a decent driver line-up, or even a single decent driver, for reasons best known to himself. It's strange to me, because he took Malcolm Wilson Motorsport from a pretty good national level customer prep outfit, to a world class rally team, with world class facilities at Dovenby, but doesn't seem to be willing to invest in the most crucial aspect, now that the full manufacturer backing is gone. His attitude, at least as far as the driver line up is concerned, seems to be, "build it and they will come". The problem is, no-one is coming, partly, at least in my opinion, because M-Sport's results have been so mediocre, which could be changed with a halfway decent driver, assuming the Fiesta is as competitive as Malcolm says it is.
    Some valid points stating the obvious. Money is the essence of MSport.
    The Fiesta was in the pace for the 2nd manu position before the current line up binned it.
    MSport's business will never generate enough cash to attract/afford a "decent" driver, without official backing with a project, hence no glory.
    Vicious circle.
    Markku Alén, 1978 World Champion

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    Wilson has plenty of money. Do you have any idea how much M-Sport makes? It is an exceedingly profitable enterprise. Malcolm just does not appear to be willing to use any of that money to pay for a decent driver line-up, or even a single decent driver, for reasons best known to himself. It's strange to me, because he took Malcolm Wilson Motorsport from a pretty good national level customer prep outfit, to a world class rally team, with world class facilities at Dovenby, but doesn't seem to be willing to invest in the most crucial aspect, now that the full manufacturer backing is gone. His attitude, at least as far as the driver line up is concerned, seems to be, "build it and they will come". The problem is, no-one is coming, partly, at least in my opinion, because M-Sport's results have been so mediocre, which could be changed with a halfway decent driver, assuming the Fiesta is as competitive as Malcolm says it is.
    Great post. It was always that way since the 2000's.

Even when Ford had strong investing on WRC, the Focus was always a step behind, and it seems it was not by any lack of potential from the car and from the team, it was lack of investment in development.

It's easy, if Citroen invested 50 million on WRC, all the 50 milion went to the road. If Ford invested 50 milion, only less than 45 million would come to the road.

That's business, nothing wrong with that. But it should be taken in account when we see Wilson saying "if i had a top driver..."

Somebody has to take the risk and invest, Wilson is asking to someone to do that instad doing it himself.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Bertelli with M-Sport in 2016

https://twitter.com/fuckmatie37?lang=pt
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    Bertelli with M-Sport in 2016

https://twitter.com/fuckmatie37?lang=pt
    Bertelli won't be one of the main two drivers surely?

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Will be interesting to see how the paperwork gets filed with the FIA. Whether there's some sort of M-Sport B-team in play or Bertelli is just getting an arrive and drive package. Do M-Sport own the Fiesta or does Lorenzo?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 9,368 Times in 4,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Ostberg or Meeke would be ok as they have had some decent performances in 2015 and are experienced. My money would be on M-Sport keeping their current drivers, or maybe swapping one for a young gun.
    I was sort of right !
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 9,368 Times in 4,981 Posts
    Someone on here was slagging off the poor M-Sport website the other day...

It looks like they must've been reading as its just be re-launched: http://www.m-sport.co.uk/
    #M-SPORTER

12. Likes: AL14 (1st December 2015)