Page 98 of 114 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    I think that according to WRC regulations he could not use Yokohama tyres but only DMack or Michelin.

The tyres on the photo are without color logo which Yokohama ones have. Although the tread is very similar looking for both Michelin and Yokohama I would say it's Michelin what he was using...
    Interesting. He said before the rally that they are going to use Yokohama's in this (finnish) interview: MSN Auto

But....MSN auto is about the most unreliable rally media in Finland

Liked 126 Times in 38 Posts
    I think that according to WRC regulations he could not use Yokohama tyres but only DMack or Michelin.

The tyres on the photo are without color logo which Yokohama ones have. Although the tread is very similar looking for both Michelin and Yokohama I would say it's Michelin what he was using...
    Jarkko did drove with yokohamas. As privateer the regulations are different.

Liked 11,164 Times in 4,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-FIN
    Jarkko did drove with yokohamas. As privateer the regulations are different.
    Thanks. I opened the rules now and I can see they were changed since the time when control tyres were introduced. Now they are mandatory only for priority drivers.

... so the Yokohamas can't be bad, can they?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts
    Only one day of NORF for me this year, gallery now online: nikop.kuvat.fi

nikop.kuvat.fi
    Rally Pics

Liked 60 Times in 27 Posts
    Novikov´s crash shot outside the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz2SVpfydN4

Only a matter of half a meter, said Evgeny.

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    I heard Citroën uses very different differential settings to Ford but I don't know anything detailed. I think Mikko also said something like that after first DS3 tests.

I think it applies also for asphalt. From slow hairpins Citroëns exit straight with almost no powersliding.
    Also J-M.L said that Citroen had homologated new gravel dampers for this rally, so something different than just shimming has been done..

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    @ vkangas + AMSS
    same i saw at Acropolis,Citroens more straight than Fords at all the stages i watch.Not at loose gravel,not overdriving,not wide where loose gravel-big stones-ditches appear.

About the ''better car'' plenty of people claim. There is no better car.Team has to adjust shocks-differentials,engine mapping at every rally.That Citroens have the proper setup at every rally,that isn t a ''better car''.It is a better setup of the car.
    Better setup of the car is reponsibility of drivers and chief mechanics.If Latvala or Petter can t do it i conjuction with their mechanics,that is not making the ds3 better car,but them unable to setup the car.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    They have some point I think. For first time this year I see Ford so slower than the Citroens, setup always plays significant role in the race, but Latvalla not to know how to do it in Finland... I doubt it.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI