Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,640 Times in 748 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    Five-time world rally winner Märtin told DirtFish: “Of course there’s some sadness after 17 years, but things don’t last forever and I learned the valuable lesson that, sometimes, no good deed goes unpunished…”
    Just the fact that Märtin said it out loud gives hint that something probably went really wrong there. Sad news for a lot of Estonian rally-fans when 2 their heros are spliting up their common goals and coworking. I would like to hear in the future that I interpreted it wrong way...

2. Likes: AnttiL (11th April 2023),cali (11th April 2023),dimviii (11th April 2023),tr4m (12th April 2023),TWRC (12th April 2023)
    Liked 93 Times in 48 Posts
    Markko is a person who chooses his words very carefully.

Don`t think we will hear about it, as we haven`t heard yet the real reasons OT leaving Toyota, Hyundai etc.

4. Likes: cali (11th April 2023)
    Liked 2,137 Times in 930 Posts
    Well.. didn't Markko Martin say in some big interview about Tanak to Hyundai, that R5 program was just someone's made up story and wasn't the reason to sign Hyundai..?
    Actually came out that R5 deal was true.

Not to begin same topic 100th time again, but leaving Toyota and Hyundai should be pretty clear by today. Ofc we won't know the 100% story, but still things sound logical.

6. Likes: cali (11th April 2023)
    Another small piece from DirtFish/Evans on the topic: https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-...markko-martin/

A bit offtopic ("Ott Tänak") here, but on the larger topic "why rally is so popular in Estonia".

Got free time yesterday and visited cinema - "Legends of the winding road" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK-U18XmkWM).

Rally was first boomed behing iron curtains during soviet time 80+, how many good drivers there were and how they handle or the USSR things.

How they built rally machines. In soviet russia, it was not possible to just buy a car - you needed to have permission from "high level" etc. And how they tuned rally cars with titanium parts or plane parts. Huge part of getting required materials and parts were "you need to know correct persons" and based on corruption. You may have a lot of "wtf" moments when you don't know the soviet system or background.

It's worth watching for 2 reasons:

* to understand the polical idiotism during that time - especially useful when you don't know how "the russian world" works
    * to understand why rally got so popular in Estonia (actually I was wondering it myself) - there were a lot of rallystars 1980-1990, and it got popular on that time. It grew entire generation of enthusiasts and those generated new starts like Märtin and Tänak. This is huge momentum for small country like Estonia.

And to be on the topic here - Tänak was also present in the movie (at the very end) to basically conclude what I just wrote here.

Hats off for the movie team to store the memory of that era.

9. Likes: cali (30th April 2023),dimviii (30th April 2023),Jarek Z (2nd May 2023),tommeke_B (30th April 2023),TWRC (1st May 2023)
    Liked 405 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    A bit offtopic ("Ott Tänak") here, but on the larger topic "why rally is so popular in Estonia".

Got free time yesterday and visited cinema - "Legends of the winding road" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK-U18XmkWM).

Rally was first boomed behing iron curtains during soviet time 80+, how many good drivers there were and how they handle or the USSR things.

How they built rally machines. In soviet russia, it was not possible to just buy a car - you needed to have permission from "high level" etc. And how they tuned rally cars with titanium parts or plane parts. Huge part of getting required materials and parts were "you need to know correct persons" and based on corruption. You may have a lot of "wtf" moments when you don't know the soviet system or background.

It's worth watching for 2 reasons:

* to understand the polical idiotism during that time - especially useful when you don't know how "the russian world" works
    * to understand why rally got so popular in Estonia (actually I was wondering it myself) - there were a lot of rallystars 1980-1990, and it got popular on that time. It grew entire generation of enthusiasts and those generated new starts like Märtin and Tänak. This is huge momentum for small country like Estonia.

And to be on the topic here - Tänak was also present in the movie (at the very end) to basically conclude what I just wrote here.

Hats off for the movie team to store the memory of that era.
    I'd like to watch this as I have wondered about eastern block rallying and the formula easter stuff, but where can one watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    I'd like to watch this as I have wondered about eastern block rallying and the formula easter stuff, but where can one watch it?
    I think at the moment it's possible to watch it only in cinemas. All other movies by the producer are available for watching (payable) on their homepage (https://sterotek.ee/en/movies/). I expect this to happen with the "Legends of the winding road" as well.

12. Likes: AnttiL (30th April 2023),tommeke_B (30th April 2023)
    Liked 12,233 Times in 5,257 Posts
    Yeah it will come later to their site too

I haven’t managed to watch it myself. We are planning to go with friends in a week or two
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

14. Likes: AnttiL (30th April 2023),cali (30th April 2023)
    Liked 405 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    I think at the moment it's possible to watch it only in cinemas. All other movies by the producer are available for watching (payable) on their homepage (https://sterotek.ee/en/movies/). I expect this to happen with the "Legends of the winding road" as well.
    Ok thanks!

Liked 3,305 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Is this movie shown in cinemas, together with all the movies from Holywood, etc.?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!