Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Team Penske keeps three IndyCars for 2012

Team Penske announced Thursday morning it will once again field three cars for the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series season, putting to rest any rumors either Helio Castroneves or Ryan Briscoe would not be retained alongside Will Power.
    The three-car lineup remains intact for 2012, as it has been since 2010. Power ran part-time in the team's third car in 2009, his first season with Team Penske.

Penske Racing president Tim Cindric said continuity was important as the team forges ahead as Chevrolet's anchor team for 2012.

“We are excited to return with a three-car team in 2012,” Cindric said. “The combination of Helio, Ryan and Will has been a formidable one on the track and they work very well together as teammates. Our goal all along has been to continue running three cars and thanks to our terrific partners, we have been able to make everything work from the business side. Now, all of our focus will be on developing the new Chevrolet IndyCar and getting ready for a strong return to the track in 2012.”

Further sponsorship announcements will be forthcoming over the next few months. Verizon will continue as Power's primary sponsor.

Both Castroneves and Briscoe had a revolving door of liveries in the 2011 season, counting sponsorship from IZOD, Shell Pennzoil, AAA, GuidePoint Systems, PPG, Transitions Lenses, Penske Truck Rental, Hitachi and Cintas at various events in 2011.
    Team Penske keeps three IndyCars for 2012 - Racer.com

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think that's good. Hope Hélio will be in victory lane again next year.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The good news keeps coming in!

Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Rahal two-car team with GM, Penske with three-cars.

And, more teams firmed up next week or so. Good to have some good news for a change!
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rahal bought two chassis, so I think it will be a one-driver team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champcarray
    Rahal bought two chassis, so I think it will be a one-driver team.
    Their press release explicitly said two-car full time effort. Anyway, I don't think teams can buy backup chassis until after every team recieved their primaries.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

I think Ryan Briscoe and Will Power will fight for the coveted IRL Championship.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Then they have to do that in a video game, because IRL doesn't exist anymore. It's called ICS, IICS, IndyCar, IndyCar Series, IZOD IndyCar Series or IZOD IndyCar but NOT IRL anymore.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by schumacher180
    Then they have to do that in a video game, because IRL doesn't exist anymore. It's called ICS, IICS, IndyCar, IndyCar Series, IZOD IndyCar Series or IZOD IndyCar but NOT IRL anymore.
    Riiiight and all those races Will Power won last year didn't happen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rice-A-Roni
    Riiiight and all those races Will Power won last year didn't happen.
    Your point is?
    WAIT- trolls don't have points except on their heads so explains your pointed rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    Your point is?
    WAIT- trolls don't have points except on their heads so explains your pointed rhetoric.
    I do not see any need to personally attack me just because I'm right.