Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Big boys toys, hobbies and pastimes..

Everyone should have a hobby or pastime, what do you do or like to do?

Something that really appeals to me is FPV flying, for those of you who have never heard of it.. Its Radio control First Person Virtual flying, a live 2.4 Ghz video feed viewed by the RC pilot through his VR goggles. have a look at this video, its pretty damn impressive.. an FPV tour of New York, Brooklyn bridge and the statue of Liberty. How they never got arrested is beyond me!

YouTube - ‪New York City‬‏
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I make fairly regular atempts at providing other golfers with the opportunity to enter into a little treasure hunting whilst they enjoy their favorite pasttime, however the prize is always the same, my golf balls which seem to depart my club and enter into a completely different dimension with uncany regularity.

I like to watch a lot of sport, motorsport, football, golf etc.

I also enjoy swimming, I'm down the pool four or five times a week and usually complete 2.5km in just over an hour or so.

And I still play with little boys toys as my six year old son is very good at destroying Lego models and njot very good at setting up his Scalextric track yet.
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    That looks interesting!

I've always wanted to do kite surfing myself
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I love racing, playing golf (when I get a chance) and playing my PS3. Also like playing in the occassional charity cricket tournament when they pop up.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Guitar, piano, karting, watching motorsport, watching and playing football, social drinking.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I've tried to play Golf a few times but just couldn't get into it.. probably something to do with the fact that some days I could really hit the ball and other days it would only roll a few feet or even end up behind me and the more frustrated I got, the worse I got.

I still play 5 a-side football but since my knee operation Im not even half the player I once was.. that has been a really devastating thing for me.
    I occasionally compete in HFT (Hunter Field Target) Air rifle shooting with limited success, I love motocrossing, karting and all forms of motorsport but above all flying has always been my main interest since I was a child, unfortunately the costs of pursuing it, so far have been prohibitive. I will buy myself a paramotor/paraglider one day but I'll have to make do with my RC planes until then.

Kite surfing looks brilliant.. would love to try it some day too.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    I too, during rare occasions, find the time to endure the torment of a long day of pursuing small white orbs in dense foliage among a myriad of sadistic insects and stinging fauna intent on inflicting inhumane aggravation upon my exposed flesh.

When not enjoying the above anguish, most of my time is spent in a vain attempt at corralling a pair of remarkably swift offspring, forestalling the typical mayhem and destruction that invariably seems to be in their continuous immediacy.

The cumulative combined effects of the above two pursuits results in the ubiquitous third pastime of the much-needed consumption of abundant quantities of fermented and/or distilled beverages.

“If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Everyone should have a hobby or pastime, what do you do or like to do?

Something that really appeals to me is FPV flying, for those of you who have never heard of it.. Its Radio control First Person Virtual flying, a live 2.4 Ghz video feed viewed by the RC pilot through his VR goggles. have a look at this video, its pretty damn impressive.. an FPV tour of New York, Brooklyn bridge and the statue of Liberty. How they never got arrested is beyond me!

YouTube - ‪New York City‬‏
    That looks like an absolute blast!!! I've never heard of it before. Several years ago I was into R/C car racing. As I got busy and the people I raced with moved away, got married or whatever, I sort of drifted away from it. But I had a lot of fun with that and really miss it. I also used to shoot quite a bit. Mostly rifles and pistols, but I did a few shooting matches with shotguns (that involves a LOT of luck though). These days most of my so called "free time" is spent trying to get my finances to the point that I can retire in a few years. Maybe then I'll be able to have hobbies
    again.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I make stuff... I work full time office work but in my spare time I'm registered part time self employed and make models, wedding cake toppers etc. Can't say I make a great deal of money out of it but I love doing it- it's where I really feel ... me. I love films, music, going to gigs, seeing my family and friends etc. I think I could do with a fitness type hobby- like running or Zumba... I quite fancy Boxercise.
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hobbies? Well, everyone loves a slinky.

[youtube]wUqTDCQa5fk[/youtube]
    I could really use a fish right now