Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Has MacLaren an option year on Hmilton next year, and, do you think they will use it?

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Lewis , while one of the quickest , has proven time and time again to be disruptive in the McLaren team .
    Spending time in the steward's office , often for foolish offences has it's effect .
    Microphones seem to suck out his brain temporarily .

It's a good thing he's quick , as some of his antics have made many a head shake .

That's the bad side , but , in that the press follows his exploits , drooling constantly , I guess there is also a good side .

They have two drivers capable of winning in that car , but only one in Button that can really take being behind his team-mate .
    He doesn't like it , but doesn't tend to lose focus in the fight back .

Replace him with Jacques , and sell that contract to Red Bull , to replace Webber .
    Jacques would come free , knows how to work with Jenson , and you'd disrupt the leaders , as Lewis would never bow to the wunderkind , Vettel .

This would create much more news , and it would be positive news for a change .
    Bring back the nostalgia , and the old rivalry with the shoe for free .
    And , remember , Jacques had a team worth of sponsorship behind him not so long ago . That was faith in him , and his driving . Some of that must still exist .

There you go , henners , old man . I've just solved the Lewis problem for you .

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Cheers old bean.
    I think you have just highlighted that Lewis is a competitive driver who often speaks his mind without considering the consequences. A normal 26 year old lad in other words. It just goes to show that with all that PR training their true personalities/feelings shine through which is refreshing in a sport full of drivers giving scripted speeches about tyres, pace, and often toned down feelings about other drivers. Lewis doesn't like being beaten by his teammate and I wouldn't expect him to like it. Sure Jenson handles it in a more calm manner (unless you look at some of his frustrated interviews in 2009), but they are different personalities altogether. Theres also 5 years difference in age and if I was in Hamilton's position alot of the time, I'd be considered the most hateful F1 driver in the history of the sport considering how sensitive fans are these days. Gone are the days of Webber criticizing Vettel for ****ing up his race on live TV, and Coulthard saying he's going to kick 3 bells of **** out of Massa for ending his race. Lewis looks alittle flustered and makes a joke in poor taste and his whole mentality is called into question? He's had 2 poor races this season and already Jenson is tipped for the title in the British press. The same happened last year when Jenson won two races before Lewis.

With all that is said why wouldn't any team be jumping to sign Hamilton? He's the most talked about F1 driver and has been for the past 4 years!! Red Bull have wanted him. Ferrari tried to poach him. McLaren will keep him.
    Then I hope they will understand each other, off and on track.

Perhaps other teams are confused. Which of the personalities would we hire, the chrash kid or the divine overtaker.

The divine overtaker of course. Lewis has more overtakes to his name than any other driver of the last 2 years.
    And he has moore ........!!!!!!!!! ops.

Lewis is a Hollywood star now, he sees himself like that, and speaks about himself like that.

NASCAR next?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    TK: "So Christian you're sitting down to your evening meal in Canada, and Lewis Hamilton comes and knocks on the door... What did you think he wanted?"

CH: "I thought he wanted a Red Bull..."

TK: "What a can rather than a car?"

CH: "Probably both"......

Just heard that on the BBC Practice coverage and thought it was funny..
    I heard that, I thought hmmm. there is definatley something in that.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    no, ms to red bull for a year with vettel. Brings the merc engines with him.......Team merc no longer has the bread to hire the staff to stay competitive with the likes of Mac

no more dumb shot team strategy for ms.

left him out for two laps to avoid him jumping nico???

what dumb butts

webber to Team Lotus (that would be an upgrade for both Lotus and red bull)....now that is funny, but that means after Hamilton's option year, hamilton goes to red bull after ms wins his 8th WDC and retires again

I will be in Austin to watch the champ in a red bull..................
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Couldn't care less about what he does.
    apparently you do LOL
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    if 2013 continues on this path then, i might change my mind about the RBR move.
    I know mclaren is trying, but they've had 2+ seasons of being outclassed by RBR.
    Hamilton will not settle for the occasional win here and there for much longer.

That being said, it would be a difficult situation with Vettel there, but I'm pretty sure in equal (and that's an issue for me at RBR) machinery, Hamilton would have his number.
    you can't argue with results.

It would be exitning, bu then thers´s Marko.

So?

And then with all the baggage, any team wanting him?