Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Of course, I am sure plenty of hypocrites around here got issues with that....stomping and buring the flaag is okay, but not the Koran...
    If you think you're referring to me in that remark, on the grounds that I have on occasions be critical of American policy, may I say that I find such behaviour absolutely deplorable too.

But, more to the point, where do they get the American flags to burn? I wouldn't have the first clue about where to go to buy one. Or a decent effigy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    While I agree very much with your sentiments on this issue, and feel that the portrayal of Muslims in certain media is very damaging, were I in charge of a TV network I wouldn't show a Muslim guy having his breakfast, going to work, playing with his children when he comes home and then going to sleep, because this isn't newsworthy, whereas Muslims burning the American flag is more so. It's a question of news values.
    Agreed. I think any news station would do so. People are not interested in what's normal, they want to see the crazies, and frankly it is good business sense to show that. However, as you can see, the effect it has on ignorant fools and their hate for Islam is tenfold.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    To be very clear, I don't endorse that philosophy. Every religion has their good and bad. And myself as a Christian, having witnessed Hindu-Muslim riots in India for decades, I am very aware what the Muslims and also the Hindus can do wrong.

But in this case, what was the need to burn a Koran now? 9/11 was 10 years ago, and I believe America exacted their "revenge" pretty well on Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm sorry if I'm not very well aware of the past news, but were any Christians, or specifically any Americans killed recently by a Muslim terrorist attack? Did a Muslim priest burn the Holy Bible? What was the need for those two jackasses to burn a Koran?

Does it not occur to anybody that by burning someone's holy book, they're pretty much risking pushing the moderately religious people into becoming extremists? It is just wrong no matter who does it to whom.
    Right or wrong, it is called the first amendment.....another one of those guys some two hundred years ago said (and who no doubt Rollo and arrow will point out lived in a totally different era and has no validity for today's modern times)

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend until death, your right to say it....."

I wonder if they killed any nurses and teachers, those carriers of the devil's work who preach letting girls get an education.........
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    If you think you're referring to me in that remark, on the grounds that I have on occasions be critical of American policy, may I say that I find such behaviour absolutely deplorable too.

But, more to the point, where do they get the American flags to burn? I wouldn't have the first clue about where to go to buy one. Or a decent effigy.
    Good.

But more to the point, I will swap you out a couple of flags for any Korans you have laying around.

all of this is just another example of why I say that the USA needs to stay the hell out of these countries.

we been there ten years, and in almost the entire country, even areas we are firmly in control, it is still not safe to be teaching anything but the koran.

Like the dog that has the car between his teeth, now what is he going to do?

The answer is obvious, just get dragged down the road until nothing is left.

If it ain't worth a massive, sweep the country clean of everybody and everything, then it ain't worth going.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    This absolutely infuriates me - a pastor in the US state of Florida recently burned a copy of the Koran, in the presence of the pastor who previously threatened to carry out the act.

What's now happened in Afghanistan is that protesters have stormed the UN - a direct result of their (the pastors) actions. I cannot believe their idiocy in carrying out such a despicable act - knowing full well that it would enrage people and increase tensions amongst people in Afghanistan. It only serves to fuel the extremists fire.
    Are you fu*king kidding me?!
    You say that the fault lies with an idiot who burned a book and not with the retards that today killed 20 people, even by cutting of their heads?!

You know what? Why don't you move to Afghanistan and try to cuddle the fanatic Islamic people hoping, in vain, that one day they will not cut off your head?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Good.

But more to the point, I will swap you out a couple of flags for any Korans you have laying around.
    No religious book would ever knowingly cross my doormat.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    You think burning Holy Books is a peaceful act? How about burning the American flag?
    Let me know how many people were killed in the US because someone burned the US flag, and than we can discuss.

The burning of a book can not be equated to peoples lives, unless you name is Eki and you live in lala land.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    all of this is just another example of why I say that the USA needs to stay the hell out of these countries.

we been there ten years, and in almost the entire country, even areas we are firmly in control, it is still not safe to be teaching anything but the koran.

Like the dog that has the car between his teeth, now what is he going to do?

The answer is obvious, just get dragged down the road until nothing is left.

If it ain't worth a massive, sweep the country clean of everybody and everything, then it ain't worth going.
    Couldn't agree more.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right or wrong, it is called the first amendment.....
    Well, then the Americans should be ready for retaliation. You are free to do whatever the heck you want within your country, burn a 100 bibles, but when you go burning Korans, you're tinkering with somebody else's faith, and you won't like the retaliations. Then we'll have dumb rednecks saying on TV "The Mooslims hate Americans because they don't like our freedom. Kill them all!" Then probably they'll go again launching rockets into Afghanistan, and a couple of hundred more innocent lives will be lost, while he real perpetrators (on both sides) will be resting in their comfy chairs.