Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Marty Reid and Scott Goodyear RUINING INDY CAR SERIES!

These two clowns have absolutely destroyed any excitement of the Indy Car Series has with their thrid string announcing. Production value was pretty pathetic as well.

I was all amped up for the start of the season and then these two BOZOS put me to sleep.

RANDY BERNARD - FIX THIS- your losing viewership because of this pathetic announcing crew.

PLEASE Continue this thread until someone at IndyCar listens up. Tell me your as fed up as I am.

And to think, they have to announce the best race of the year. Maybe a reason to go in person so I dont have to listen to them on TV>
    i KNOW WHAT i like and i like what I know

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The incompetence of Reid and Goodyear is neither news, or any surprise. Most of us have been complaining about this for years.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You're lucky, you apparently got to see the race. I tuned in only to find that the race had been preempted by the Danica show. Thankfully they were able to intersperse enough updates to somewhat keep up with what was happening elsewhere on the track. But then it is a big story when fairly early in the race someone is able to work their way up from 19th to 12th (or somewhere like that). Unfortunately that excitement allowed the point to go virtually unnoticed that someone else had made it to 2nd place (at that point in time - finished a fantastic 4th) from a 17th place start. It is pathetic that with all of the great talent that exists or is upcoming in the series that one individual gets so much unfettered media attention. Doesn't the series (and aligned media) realize that if they make it all about Danica that when she finally bolts the series that she'll be taking the series with her?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Johnathan Legard is a free agent. Be careful what you wish for...
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I always thougth Scott Goodyear got the commentator for life job once he retired in exchange for not protesting in '95 when he was screwed out of the win when he passed the pace car which mysteriously slowed in front of him prior to the final restart. Then again maybe the quality of the broadcast only reflects the quality of the organization and the show.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desjo
    You're lucky, you apparently got to see the race. I tuned in only to find that the race had been preempted by the Danica show. Thankfully they were able to intersperse enough updates to somewhat keep up with what was happening elsewhere on the track. But then it is a big story when fairly early in the race someone is able to work their way up from 19th to 12th (or somewhere like that). Unfortunately that excitement allowed the point to go virtually unnoticed that someone else had made it to 2nd place (at that point in time - finished a fantastic 4th) from a 17th place start. It is pathetic that with all of the great talent that exists or is upcoming in the series that one individual gets so much unfettered media attention. Doesn't the series (and aligned media) realize that if they make it all about Danica that when she finally bolts the series that she'll be taking the series with her?
    This was an ABC race. ESPN (part of ABC) broadcasts the Nationwide series where ESPN is hyping her even more than they have in Indy Car (as hard as that is to believe). ESPN / ABC does not care about Indy Car, but they will use any opportunity to hype their other racing coverage. I was not surprised to see them do a segment on her Nationwide "success" as almost everyone thinks that is where she will be full time next year.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2 first class announcers. I don't know why you are complaining.

Some people are never happy....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Other than the 'that is what we call an out lap' comment, as if we don't all call it that, it didn't intrude too much.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't like Marty Reid but Scott Goodyear is awesome at it. They need to bring back Paul Page

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the main problem with the ABC broadcast is the director. They produce IndyCar road races like they produce NASCAR oval races. They just follow a duel or a driver they find interesting and they expect they will catch some action. Inevitably, they miss all the other on-track action and they seldom show the replays. I always notice a lot of position changes in the running order but almost never see the actual overtaking manouvres. We don't know how Power lost the lead for instance or what happened between Danica and Hildebrand in the last lap.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”