Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    there arent enough viewers to justify the expense, just as there arent enough fans to justify opening tracks on Friday/Saturday

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    One of Versus.com\"s bloggers, Roy Hobbson, twittered yesterday that the website will soon eliminate all of its internal coverage of INDYCAR. I guess they will just regurgitate INDYCAR PR once the change takes place.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedgomer
    there arent enough viewers to justify the expense, just as there arent enough fans to justify opening tracks on Friday/Saturday
    Excellent point. It just shows the stupidy of IndyCar's decision. There aren't enough fans, so let's shut out those few who give a damn about our product. It's a lot cheaper right? Anyway, I know it's not IndyCar's decision to stop streaming domestic streaming, Comcast/NBC makes them do it, but it's no reason to strip a large fraction of international fans of their only chance to watch races live.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    where is the evidence that foreign fans do anything for the series\' bottom line, or Versus\' bottom line, or anybody\'s bottom line

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A little ammendment to the previous message: I was just reminded that Izod didn\'t join the series to promote its clothing line in the US. They said they wanted to promote their clothing line in Asia, Europe and South America. So yes, IndyCar\'s title sponsor should be concerned about the web broadcasts being discontinued.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh well so Iwon't see any races this year. So I'll be going to watch NASCAR in Daytona in July and won't bother going to see Indy car then, Not that I can see NASCAR now either as that feed has been cut. Why cant these series wake up and put their series online sothose of us who cant get cable or satelite can watch something.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is a joke right? I knew I was going to miss the first race anyway as I was going to be away from the computer while it was on, but miss the entire season???

Does anyone know of any other way the view this than to give Sky a really extortionate amount of money?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz

Does anyone know of any other way the view this than to give Sky a really extortionate amount of money?

Buy a ticket....Plenty still available.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hang on........ So the practise sessions (and even qualifying in some cases) which are not shown at all on any TV station, these still won't be available online to watch at all?

Hmmm........

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedgomer
    where is the evidence that foreign fans do anything for the series\' bottom line, or Versus\' bottom line, or anybody\'s bottom line
    Without getting into an explanation of the whole global business market I believe that Races in Brazil, Japan and Canada is pretty convincing evidence