Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts

Re: Norwegian Rally News

Grondal at some stages have equal times with Ostberg.What tyres have Grondal?

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Grondal at some stages have equal times with Ostberg.What tyres have Grondal?
    Also has to be taken into account that he's sixth on the road.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts

Pontus Tidemand
    It's a win in ?#?MountainRally? with Mads Østberg in second. Big time difference with a perfectly natural explanation. Mads were on WRC tyres - we weren't. Happy with the day, we've had a good progress and it feels like we've found the speed. Bring on ?#?RallySweden? now!

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts

Is it rational(pontus) not to use wrc-spec tyres for Mountain Rally when this event is a <shakedown>for rally sweden?Can somebody explain to me??
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos
    Is it rational(pontus) not to use wrc-spec tyres for Mountain Rally when this event is a <shakedown>for rally sweden?Can somebody explain to me??
    Explanation from Tidemand was "getting as much high-speed experience as possible". I don't understand it but I'm sure he and Even have thought it through.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts

It looks strange to me too! But maybe he wants to get confident as much as he can with the high speed and in rally Sweden with the slow wrc tyres he will be pushing on his maximum already knowning where his limit is with the faster narrow tyres?

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rage82
    It looks strange to me too! But maybe he wants to get confident as much as he can with the high speed and in rally Sweden with the slow wrc tyres he will be pushing on his maximum already knowning where his limit is with the faster narrow tyres?
    Agree

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts

Can a driver(private of course) who will drive a wrc in sweden to choose not to put wrc-spec tyres(like those in pontus car)?of course he will not be eligible to score points for the drivers championsip ,i understand that,but i ask if the is any other restriction by the fia.A reason for someone to do that would be for example to attracrt some sponsors.Im really curious!!
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts

Can a driver(private of course) who will drive a wrc in sweden to choose not to put wrc-spec tyres(like those in pontus car)?of course he will not be eligible to score points for the drivers championsip ,i understand that,but i ask if the is any other restriction by the fia.A reason for someone to do that would be for example to attracrt some sponsors.Im really curious!!
    No you cannot. FIA WRC rally -> FIA WRC rally regulations
    Once it pop´s, you can´t stop...

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts

This particular rally counts only for WRC champiomcship, so you must obey all wrc regulations including tires. If the event counts also for national championchip and your entry is only for the national event you can use tires allowed by the national regulations but of course you will not appear in the WRC final classification.