Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    ...I don't think Mod free detracts from 'the other' championship.
    My suggestion requires a mass approval around here. Otherwise, we should leave things as they are.
    So, no personal problem at all with Mod Free or MF Cup.

Personally, I'm Into RSRBR11 championships and I'm having a great time actually.
    I love after each stage when I see the times of hundrends of drivers all over the world.
    Plus I am 100% sure no one Is restarting a stage or hides a retirement, In order to win.

Please note, all RSRBR11 races are offline (you do them whenever you want)
    The only real online races are the public sessions ones, but we're not talking about them at all (due to time defferences).
    So no pressure there at all!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You've got to admit though, it is a pain in the backside having to download massive updates every couple of months. I wouldn't mind this if you just downloaded it and installed automatically, but you have to uninstall the game, reinstall all the car packs and so on. I have no doubt that RSRBR is probably quite a good mod, but I just can't be bothered with having to mess about with it every couple of months.

Who knows, I might be talking rubbish
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LCD-are you cool with your suggestion running at the same time as a mod free championship?

I never meant it to be a competitor to the MF cup, only to offer those an opportunity to compete who did not have RSRBR access.

Believe me, I am as loopy over RSRBR11 championships as yourself...
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If RSRBR mod Is the problem, I guess either MF Cup or my suggested format, really have no hope...

Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    Believe me, I am as loopy over RSRBR11 championships as yourself...
    I know. I've seen your name a couple times on RSRBR leadeboards.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When we find a solution we all agree on, we should do a big re-launch of some sorts
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD
    If RSRBR mod Is the problem, I guess either MF Cup or my suggested format, really have no hope...
    Clearly there is acceptance of the RSRBR mod-you can look at past fields of the MF Cup and see that..

However, there are a few for whom it does not work or can not work.

For me, I hate to say 'No' to those people and follow the path of RSRBR mod only. Granted-we are talking about just a few people...

I can't see why the two could not co-exist. They are two audiences-one overlapping and one non overlapping.
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD

I know. I've seen your name a couple times on RSRBR leadeboards.

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    I think it's difficult for some to understand how frustrating RSRBR is. Look at the problems PS29 has had getting it to work, so he's missing half the MF Cup events, but can do all the Mod Free events, when time allows. For me personally I just don't have the ability to download the mods all the time. If they did patch updates on the carsets as well as the main program it wouldn't be so bad. To run a championship that is dependent on logging into the main server system means everyone has to be bang up to date with their downloads all the time. Maybe that doesn't sound like an issue for you LCD, but for me that is virtually impossible, when you consider that I have to deal with cap limits and download speeds of only 50kb/s on a good day, Rallyesim downloads average 25kb/s.

Given that most of our competitors have gone the online route, this proposal would probably be the way to go anyway. To be honest I was thinking it was maybe time to stop running the MF Cup myself, as a number of things in my life have changed lately (one of which looks like a very reduced or no internet access at home in the near future) and I can't give the series enough focus, it's just something to get out of the way every month. This is also one of the reasons why I don't compete much anymore.

I do believe the 2 championships can exist very easily together and they almost seem to have their own competitors. Maybe it does make more sense to have one online and one offline series.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think we shouldn't change the format half way through the season. There's still 4 rallies to go and I think we should wait till it's over and then decided which route to take. Maybe make a small survey to find out what people would prefer and why some have just disappeared.

Honestly I don't think it was keeping up to date to RSRBR that has resulted poor competitors number. We don't run BTB stages so actually there isn't reason keeping RSRBR always up to date. People just seemed lost interest and just dissappeared. Maybe towards the spring competitors number will go up again.

Also I don't think that running two championships will conflict each other. They are not overlapping in the calendar. Also the mod free championship allows people who can only use original version of RBR or who uses ps2 version of the game to have a little competition and compare times to other drivers.
    <Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes>

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverKnow
    ...why some have just disappeared.
    Don't bash me for this, but just a thought: maybe some people disappeared because they thought some of us are not honest, meaning we probably played a stage again and again until we achieve a great time, while they were racing based on the 'No restarting Is allowed' rule.
    What do you think of that possibility? If we think over of a tighter results system, maybe the series get a greater reliability.