Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WRC Sweden - points?

Can someone explain how the points were allocated in Sweden.
    The official allocation should be 25,18,15,12,10,8,6,4,2,1
    Yet, they were allocated:
    25 - Hirvonen
    18 - Ostberg
    16 - Latvala
    15 - Ogier
    10 - Solberg
    10 - Loeb
    6 - Andersson
    4 - Raikkonen
    2 - Wilson
    1 - Al Qassimi

Why is this?
    Thanks
    Neil

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Power stage..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6789
    Power stage..
    I didn't even know you could get points from the power satge, its a nice idea.

Couldn't find on wrc.com any thing about the points but did find this via google:

http://www.madeinmotorsport.com/en/h...lly-16104.html

The three fastest drivers on the “Power Stage” will recieve 3, 2 and 1 point respectively.
    With a “Power Stage” in all the WRC events in 2011 there is a theoretical possibility for a driver to collect 39 bonus points. “Power Stage” could have an effect on the entire championship and might be deciding in the final calculations for the championship title.

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neil40
    Can someone explain how the points were allocated in Sweden.
    The official allocation should be 25,18,15,12,10,8,6,4,2,1
    Yet, they were allocated:
    25 - Hirvonen
    18 - Ostberg
    15 - Latvala
    15 - Ogier
    10 - Solberg
    8 - Loeb
    6 - Andersson
    4 - Raikkonen
    2 - Wilson
    1 - Al Qassimi

Why is this?
    Thanks
    Neil
    25 - Hirvonen
    18 - Ostberg
    15+1 - Latvala (3rd on power stage)
    12+3 - Ogier (1st on power stage)
    10 - Solberg
    8+2 - Loeb (2nd on power stage)
    6 - Andersson
    4 - Raikkonen
    2 - Wilson
    1 - Al Qassimi

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MR666
    I didn't even know you could get points from the power satge, its a nice idea.
    I disagree, I think it's a bull**** idea. Imagine if you spend 3 days putting in consistent times and plugging your way up the leaderboard. Across 20 stages you've done alright and have managed to get top ten to finish 9th. Then some plum comes along, possibly entering via Superally, wins one tiny little stage that's less than 3 minutes long and takes 3 points from it.

It's bollocks, designed for short attention span window lickers that can't understand what rallying is all about. Just IMO an' all that though.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICARDO75
    25 - Hirvonen
    18 - Ostberg
    10 - Solberg
    6 - Andersson
    4 - Raikkonen
    2 - Wilson
    1 - Al Qassimi
    I was just browsing FIA regulations and especially the section describing tiebreakers. There is no word about Power stages. So, who actually starts fifth in Mexico? Loeb or Solberg?
    Rules say:
    For drawing up the final classification of a Championship, the rule for deciding between drivers and codrivers
    who have scored exactly the same points total shall be:

10.1.1 According to the greater number of first places, then second places, then third places, etc.,
    achieved in the general classifications of the rallies which have served to make up their points total;

So, if there is a tie between two drivers, then their place on general standings will be taken into account. That means Solberg should start fifth :-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    I disagree, I think it's a bull**** idea. Imagine if you spend 3 days putting in consistent times and plugging your way up the leaderboard. Across 20 stages you've done alright and have managed to get top ten to finish 9th. Then some plum comes along, possibly entering via Superally, wins one tiny little stage that's less than 3 minutes long and takes 3 points from it.

It's bollocks, designed for short attention span window lickers that can't understand what rallying is all about. Just IMO an' all that though.
    Spot on!

It's all about TV viewing figures. I can't work out why they think it'll make any difference!? Rallying is not a popular sport and never will be again. It's not glamourous like F1, football etc, so in todays modern world has no value to the majorty of the vein, pretensious, boneidle, celebrity-wannabe public.

How about we just do it like we know how and let the hardcore fans enjoy, because the promoters are kidding themselves if they think anyone else follows the WRC.

On a positive note, I must say as a harecore fan that EPSN's coverage of Sweden was the best i've ever seen....

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Yeah the ESPN coverage did seem quite good, although part of that may be down to the rally being a great competition. I just wish that they'd stop with the "oh and he's spun!!" stuff, pretending like they're watching it live (unless it's the power stage, which is live). When I watch end of day highlights I'm fully aware that everything has already happened and no amount of fake exclamation will make me think otherwise.

Also annoying having to wait for someone to upload the video
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon
    Spot on!

It's all about TV viewing figures. I can't work out why they think it'll make any difference!? Rallying is not a popular sport and never will be again. It's not glamourous like F1, football etc, so in todays modern world has no value to the majorty of the vein, pretensious, boneidle, celebrity-wannabe public.

How about we just do it like we know how and let the hardcore fans enjoy, because the promoters are kidding themselves if they think anyone else follows the WRC.

On a positive note, I must say as a harecore fan that EPSN's coverage of Sweden was the best i've ever seen....
    While I agree - the 'problem' is that 10+ years ago the 'powers-that-be' thought the sport was bigger than it was - and thought it could become even bigger if they could attract TV - in turn that would generate more mainstream media, etc
    Was never really going to work - it's a minority sport. The problem there aren't that many fans to appeal/ advertise to - so to try and attract 'new' fans - short, made-for-TV stages are brought in. I'd like to see them try a slightly longer stage, say over 5-7 mins long, and include split times, were possible.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICARDO75
    25 - Hirvonen
    18 - Ostberg
    10 - Solberg
    6 - Andersson
    4 - Raikkonen
    2 - Wilson
    1 - Al Qassimi
    Thanks for the replies folks
    I didn't realise that had been introduced.
    As others have said, can't see it adding any value though