Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Randy wants to see the record broken

Hmmm
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    which one?

attendance at seson finale?
    drivers/season/car average?
    fuel mileage/car/race?
    cars attempting to qualify/race/year?

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Tom Carnegie must have the answer for that!
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Which one, the Indy 500 track record?

Would be great, although I'm sure the Health & Safety brigade would have a field day stopping it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He's talking about the 500. Honda says it would have to use 3.5 liter engines and methanol with aero tweaks in the month of May to be able to achieve 240 mph lap times at Indy. If Honda has enough parts in inventory for the old engine, they would be willing to consider it, but they don't want to have to spend money to do it.

speed article:
    http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...rnards-plan/P2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the link Dbell....I was posting from my phone..

interesting comments from Randy..

funny, no talk of insurance premiums limiting speed....he probably doesnt understand what's REALLY going on
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think he knows precisely what's going on. People are ungodly bored with the status quo yet again. I'm sick of spec racing and utter predictablity at this level. Next year is the 100th and they need a big spark to pack the place for pole day. No one oohs and aaaahs and gasps when someone lays down a hot lap any more. They shrug their shoulders, give it that "hmph" look and a mild smile and say "That'll do pig".

I've said this countless times about the 500. I want to hear:

"It's a nnnnnnewwwwww traaaaack recordddddd!" THAT is what Indy is about.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where are all those people that said we would never see another track record? What do you have to say now?
    \"You can laugh at me all you want you disrespectful and arrogent jerk.\"
    -Jennyshere
    \"But guy you have a habit of getting up peoples noses and you just got up mine.\"
    -champcar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneranger
    Where are all those people that said we would never see another track record? What do you have to say now?

I still say it won't happen and it is a fool's errand. For me and many others it never was what Indy was about. It was and always will be, in my mind, a sideshow at the "big top". The real show was on the track during the race.

Again in my mind, chasing that dragon once more is just asking for trouble. Simple physics dictate there is an upper limit of speed paired with the current state of safety measures. And I think we already saw that limit, unless we also see a HUGE difference in the safety measures, specifically the system to keep cars out of the stands. It is weak as it is. Just look at the video of the incidents of cars in the fences the past ten years or so, and think how lucky we were that the bad ones happened where they did, on the back stretch.

But assuming the safety issues are mitigated somehow. What's the payoff? A two minute celebration of the new record. BFD. The concentration needs to be on the RACING, not on the record. The event is what matters, not the sideshow.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    So then we have the current situation where the big show is in reality no different than any other race. Qualify on Saturday then and race on Sunday, just like every other processional race. It this point, I'm not going to argue with a promoter with a good track record of drawing one hell of a lot of attention to a 6 second sport.
    HINCHTOWN!!