Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what other single seater championships do you follow?

up to this season, I was never really interested in other single seater catergory's, but this season I found myself interested in GP2,and to a certain degree, GP3.

Anyone else interested in other single seater catergory's?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Indy Car, but in recent times I am not as hooked as before. I guess that the fact that everything seems the same year after year is slightly annoying, although it is working for my fave driver in the series, Dario.
    Formula 1

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I do tend to prefer a single-seater to a closed-roof racer, so I try and follow as many as possible. TV-wise, the only three with decent TV coverage this year have been British F3, Formula Renault and Formula Ford, but I do follow Indycar as closely as possible (post-reunion especially), GP2 (not so much GP3), F2 and even the Superleague Formula, which has a barmy concept but some good-looking cars.

Further down the ranks, the likes of Formula 4 and Formula Vee appeal to me, but mainly because they're multi-chassis series in a world that seems hell-bent on having every car the same. That's why I'm glad F3 and F.Ford were among the series I could watch regularly this year - even if British F3 was all-Dallara this year, at least the engine choice remains open and you can build a different car if you want to.
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    I do tend to prefer a single-seater to a closed-roof racer, so I try and follow as many as possible. TV-wise, the only three with decent TV coverage this year have been British F3, Formula Renault and Formula Ford, but I do follow Indycar as closely as possible (post-reunion especially), GP2 (not so much GP3), F2 and even the Superleague Formula, which has a barmy concept but some good-looking cars.

Further down the ranks, the likes of Formula 4 and Formula Vee appeal to me, but mainly because they're multi-chassis series in a world that seems hell-bent on having every car the same. That's why I'm glad F3 and F.Ford were among the series I could watch regularly this year - even if British F3 was all-Dallara this year, at least the engine choice remains open and you can build a different car if you want to.
    Ditto. Gimmie an engine, a car and the wind in your face and bosh I'm interested.

Indycar is probably the only major series I don't actively follow - I guess I'm one of the fans they have to win back as I used to love watching it in the late '90's cheering on Billy Blundell!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Other than Formula One, GP2 is my favorite single seater formula to watch. Those guys are nuts!!! And I began watching the IRL series this year. Prior to this year, I only followed that series on the forums... usually just to see what was going wrong or who was making wildly optimistic predictions centered around "next year will be the breakout year". If I didn't remember how great CART IndyCar was, maybe I'd enjoy it more. Things do seem to be improving though. But there is still a lack of top quality drivers and there are WAY too many talent challenged ride buyers. But since the series has few paying sponsors, I guess the ride buyers are keeping the series alive until things get better some day. And hey, Danica Patrick is the biggest "star" there, so what more needs to be said?

IMO, GP2 was a little weak this year. But that's the way development series are. Some years you have Hamiltons and Rosbergs, while in other years you have Pantanos and Maldanados.

I tried watching a couple of A1GP races in the past. But I just never saw the point. And I used to watch a fair amount of Star Mazda. But if they have a TV package these days, I haven't been interested enough to track it down.

F1 is the King Daddy for me! I can skip a race from most any other series. But I can't and won't miss an F1 race. It has EVERYTHING I'm looking for in a racing series. None of the others even come close to giving me the enjoyment I get from watching F1!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Y love Indy Car Broadcast. The options you have in web ara amazing. Yo can chose two drivers with onboard cam see both at the same time, with telemetry of each car. Also yo have another options. Races are good at least in circuits.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I heavily follow Formula 1 and IndyCar and that fills my time allocated for following motorsports. I used to watch the occassional GP2 race over a cup of coffee on Sunday mornings but they're not on Eurosport anymore. And I always go to the WSR (Formula Renault 3.5) at the Hungaroring.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I don't follow other single seater series closely. I probably would follow GP2 more closely if there was coverage here, but my interest is restricted to reading about various feeder series.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Indycar, primarily because that's really the only other openwheel series with any regular live coverage. I've tried but I just can't seem to get into the GP2 telecasts.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    GP3, Indy Car, WOO.