Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

STARTER: Why did you lock the All Danica All The Time thread ???

Is it because poor ol' DF complained??? You have done nothing but cater to him from day one !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have mixed feelings. The idea to have a thread solely for the purpose of bashing a particular driver is pathetic to me but once the season begins all the other threads will be spammed by the Danica posters again.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Starter...it was all that...and it was fun..

Sigh...I hate it when the Moddy has a point.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Another member and I discussed this privately.
    There is just one race to go this year so if we want to comment we can do a Homestead Nationwide thread in the taxi cab forum.
    We thought that maybe next year have a thread in Chit Chat as that can encompass everything she does.
    If you have thoughts maybe start a thread in Chit Chat now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not sure why everyone beats up on danica anyway. how many of you 'posters' have won an indycar race? I beleive its a case of the tall poppy syndrome?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    Is it because poor ol' DF complained??? You have done nothing but cater to him from day one !!!
    Bingo!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I understand Starter's position and reasons for doing this. But rather than locking the thread, why not just transfer it to the NASCAR forum, or as Easy said, Chit Chat? Being that Danica is more of a celebrity than a racer anyway, maybe Chit Chat would be the most appropriate place to discuss all of the facets of her life. I mean, that's where we discuss other "famous for being famous" celebrities in Danica's league: Paris Hilton, Sarah Palin, Lindsay Lohan, et al.

I vote for the thread to be reopened in Chit Chat... being that I don't have a vote anyway.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Some of us have raced at various levels. I raced against 9 guys with F1 experience including some full time factory drivers. Didn't beat them though!
    I support Simona and Sarah.
    I think the reason most are anti Danica is the over hype and her delusions of being a top line driver.
    It certainly is my reason as she is still clueless in both IC and taxi cabs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    I think the reason most are anti Danica is the over hype and her delusions of being a top line driver.
    got a link to back that up man?

she has won an indycar race - does that not make her a top line driver?

Don't get me wrong here - i don't follow her at all - but I find all this bashing very interesting. if she was a man, would you lot be so hard on her?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    In her entire 'career' that is the only race she has won at any level. It was a fuel strategy deal at that. She is really a mediocre driver in top line equipment. She drives a race car but very rarely actually races. She drives fairly quickly on ovals in IC but rarely on road courses and she has been very medicore in Nationwide.
    In the Nationwide car she is at the best a mid 20's runner in a car that in other hands this year has been a top ten car. In the Nationwide series there are always several 'Start and Park' cars and there were 8 at Phoenix.
    Part of the flack on here has been caused by DF's over the top comments and excuses. At a test he said her poor performance was because it was cold. It was the same for all. Just an example.
    She gets far more press than her performance warrants although the print press is really backing off now.
    If you take a good look at her career you will see what I mean.
    Starter please move to Chit Chat.