Page 116 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1656
    Liked 1,786 Times in 422 Posts
    Great, great, great fight today. And even better tomorrow.

Well, looking the morning loop today, If count the times we can see that only first driver was much slower. just compared top 6:
    1. Solberg
    2. Latvala +10.7
    3. Andersson +17.6
    4. Hirvonen +21.6
    5. Ogier +24.6
    6. Loeb +31.6
    7.Ostberg +36.7

So, they said that Swedish championship covered all the road with huge amount of snow and it was clearly visible that not only first driver was penalized.
    This is the situation in repeated stages (I didnt count Andersson due to the powersteering and I took 11 sec away from Latvala, because he slowed down before the end of last stage):
    1. Loeb
    2. Ogier +6.9
    3. Latvala +16
    4. Solberg +41
    5. Hirvonen +62.1 (including one spin - approximately 17 seconds)
    6. Ostberg +69.3

So, what can we see? Fastest driver today was actually Jari-Matti, second was Solberg, Third was Ogier and Fourth was Loeb. Bearing in mind the fact that there is no Swedish championship tomorrow (Loeb even won one second pass yesterday), the we can say that even Hirvonen has a slight chance.

The fact that Citroen won so many stages today was mostly caused by their poor Friday (Ogier and Loeb had the best road position for today). Yesterday it was perfect position for Ford (due to their bad results from last year and wild cards). It looks that both cars are quite equal in terms of performance so far.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    Well, I haven't been posting here quite a while as my interest in WRC diminished somewhat.

But this year, with all new cars I was very excited to see how it will look like, so I could hardly wait to see the coverage of day 1 on Motors TV.

Now that I saw both day 1 & day 2 coverages, I must say that I'm bitterly dissapointed!
    Not with the rally itself, but with the terrible quality of the TV coverage.

Not once, in these 2 days, have I seen an outside action footage of any car for longer than 5 seconds! Which amounts to a total of about a minute of such shots in the 50 min programme!!!

Not a single helicopter shot, no timing while driving the stages, showing target times etc., no virtual spectator, no nothing!

Nothing except boring on board shots for 48 minutes, of which 90% is totally useless!

If that isn't changed very (and I mean very!) soon, I know I couldn't be bothered with watching this kind of "programme" thru the season!

NorthOne, or whatever your name is, you better shape up, and fast!
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    I think, if the conditions are as expected (or as I expect) the competition is between Ogier and Jari-Matti. Hirvonen and Østberg is out, and Peter must run over his ability. He will try, but the conditions would favor start nr 4 and 5.

Liked 1,786 Times in 422 Posts
    I have watched ESPN coverage. Very nice! Beautifully balanced and well combined action between inside and outside.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    I have watched ESPN coverage. Very nice! Beautifully balanced and well combined action between inside and outside.
    Can any one point me to a site that might be showing this? (Like justintv), or even a site where I can watch the power stage.

Thanks

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaps
    Well, I haven't been posting here quite a while as my interest in WRC diminished somewhat.

But this year, with all new cars I was very excited to see how it will look like, so I could hardly wait to see the coverage of day 1 on Motors TV.

Now that I saw both day 1 & day 2 coverages, I must say that I'm bitterly dissapointed!
    Not with the rally itself, but with the terrible quality of the TV coverage.

Not once, in these 2 days, have I seen an outside action footage of any car for longer than 5 seconds! Which amounts to a total of about a minute of such shots in the 50 min programme!!!

Not a single helicopter shot, no timing while driving the stages, showing target times etc., no virtual spectator, no nothing!

Nothing except boring on board shots for 48 minutes, of which 90% is totally useless!

If that isn't changed very (and I mean very!) soon, I know I couldn't be bothered with watching this kind of "programme" thru the season!

NorthOne, or whatever your name is, you better shape up, and fast!
    I have to agree with you.. although I think the new WRC cars are a step forwards in terms of intertainment, the coverage, especially the onboard footage is a step back, even from last year. Surely TV coverage is one of, if not THE most important things to get right, yet we see no chopper coverage and piss poor onboard camera position footage, not to mention the positioning of the microphones. If they had even the slightest common sense they would ensure that a good camera position was a regulation.. one where we could see not only max driver input and maybe even a pedals subscreen but a good angle on the road ahead.. not to mention multiple microphone inputs.. incar, induction and exhaust which could be mixed to the required/desired levels to provide a good show for us fans watching at home. Lets face it, a huge majority of people follow the WRC at home. For something which should be so simple in relative terms to get right, yet they do not give it the attention it deserves... by a long shot! Its madness... How can they afford to get it so wrong?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MR666
    Can any one point me to a site that might be showing this? (Like justintv), or even a site where I can watch the power stage.

Thanks
    http://www.everythingon.tv/channel/view/espn-9
    Here is the TV Guide in UK time: http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/tv-schedule
    Tomorrow, ESPN will broadcast the Power Stage live and also the highlights of Day 3 later.
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    I would like to see the list of top ten turned upside down each day, so we dont have to see this stupid tactics for road position. The drivers dont like, the teams dont like it, the sponsors dont like it, and for sure the fans dont like it !

So Mr Todt, pls do somthing !

Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    I have watched both ESPN via the link above and also Motors tv and i would have to agree with your comments , however the one thing i would like to point out is that both programmes are produced by North One and as there isn`t as much money generated by Motors TV maybe this is the reason behind the sub standard programme , maybe someone from North One could answer this !!