Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good Luck Mark Webber!! >>> WDC thread! :)

With the title battle still wide open and exciting, I am heavily pulling for Webbo. He's been one of my favorites for a long time, and I would really like him to win the Championship this year. It's his best chance ever... probably his last and only chance. At his age, and with rumors about retirement after 2011, now is the time for him.

His 4 rivals are doing a great job fighting for the title, would be worthy champions and earned my respect regardless of whether I favor them or not - But all except Vettel already have their WDC, and I am pretty sure Vettel and the others will get more championships in the future, given their ages. So... I really hope 2010 goes to my sentimental favorite. I'd love to see him ride into the sunset with the title under his belt!

This thread is meant to say "GOOD LUCK MARK!" Please join me in wishing Mark all the best and support his Championship challenge.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    With the title battle still wide open and exciting, I am heavily pulling for Webbo. He's been one of my favorites for a long time, and I would really like him to win the Championship this year. It's his best chance ever... probably his last and only chance. At his age, and with rumors about retirement after 2011, now is the time for him.

His 4 rivals are doing a great job fighting for the title, would be worthy champions and earned my respect regardless of whether I favor them or not - But all except Vettel already have their WDC, and I am pretty sure Vettel and the others will get more championships in the future, given their ages. So... I really hope 2010 goes to my sentimental favorite. I'd love to see him ride into the sunset with the title under his belt!

This thread is meant to say "GOOD LUCK MARK!" Please join me in wishing Mark all the best and support his Championship challenge.
    It's wicked to see him doing so well and it'll be awesome if a former Brands instructor can lift the WDC - a proper zero to hero story.

I've seen a new Mark recently where, other than in oz, he's held it together on days that have gone against him - like monza. Two years ago he might have tangled with hulk.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Although I support Ferrari first, I join you simply because Mark deserves it and is a very likable racer! Good luck, Mark!
    Formula 1

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I like many others am actually supporting Lewis or Jenson for the title, however if its not a Mclaren driver then Mark gets my vote.

Above all though I am an F1 fan and think it would be great if Mark won it.

So I join you and wish Mark good luck.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Great thread, obviously.

Mark has done well to drive a number of sheds in his career and still stay in the game. Has another driver driven for so long in so many sheds without being shown the door?

What a class we have this year though! Lewis, Jenson, Fonzi, Seb...... whoever wins the championship this year will be a worthy winner I'm sure.

Webber has shown this year that he has what it takes. Has ranked in the points in all but one race where he ranked in the clouds!

Webber has done what was required in the last 2 races and that was to get a handful of points. Now he just has to pilot his RB6 around the likeable circuits to finish the year off.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    The difference is that Webber has learnt when to be aggressive and when to consolidate.

I think the RB6 suits his style fo driving and he began the season in full fitness as opposed to 2009.

He has been around a long time and that gains a driver experience that is impossible for a younger inexperienced driver to have.

He is also a driver that relishes and performs better when under extreme pressure - he does not crack and that is something that even great champions of the past have not had.

Most important, since Silverstone he has been racking up points at a rate TWICE that of the man doing the next best job since then, Alonso.

Webber started the year off just horrible and in Australia he looked worse than ever, but I reckon together with his life partner Ann and his close friend and coach - whose name I think is Martin - dont remember - sat down and he pulled himself together.

He deserves a championship for being the driver that he is, that he leads on wins right now and because this would be such a wonderful story again for F1, just like the Jense-Brawn story.

Your REALLY, cant write this stuff!
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    Great thread, obviously.

Mark has done well to drive a number of sheds in his career and still stay in the game. Has another driver driven for so long in so many sheds without being shown the door?

What a class we have this year though! Lewis, Jenson, Fonzi, Seb...... whoever wins the championship this year will be a worthy winner I'm sure.

Webber has shown this year that he has what it takes. Has ranked in the points in all but one race where he ranked in the clouds!

Webber has done what was required in the last 2 races and that was to get a handful of points. Now he just has to pilot his RB6 around the likeable circuits to finish the year off.
    I was most concerned when he was told that Hulkenberg wasn't going to give him his place and he would have to go out and take it. I thought he will end up stacking it against Hulkenberg. As it turned out, when Mark made the move, he was very decisive and somewhat aggresive, but gave Hulkenberg no chance to brake on the clean line, making him brake early while Mark braked late. It was a very calculated move, and I was glad that he got the extra point.

I was also very happy that Vettel managed to claim 4th place, thereby consigning all those silly "team orders and/or conspiracy theories" to the recycle bin.

I always felt that Mark was a better driver than his cars allowed him to be. I just wish he would have a chance to race for Ferrari before he retires - that is my dream.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I like many others am actually supporting Lewis or Jenson for the title, however if its not a Mclaren driver then Mark gets my vote.

Above all though I am an F1 fan and think it would be great if Mark won it.

So I join you and wish Mark good luck.
    Same here! I'd love to see Webber become World Champ! He's been seen as a number 2 and 'also-ran' for years so for him to win the championship would be bonzer!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Same here! I'd love to see Webber become World Champ! He's been seen as a number 2 and 'also-ran' for years so for him to win the championship would be bonzer!
    I'll put an extra prawn on the barbie for you :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    If Mark takes the WDC I will be very happy, and also happy for RBR.

Mark is a straightforward man with honour.