Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    In 03 Coyne ran five different drivers (almost six) and might be more in '11.
    He did run six different drivers in 2003: Joel Camathias, Roberto Gonzalez, Alex Yoong, Geoff Boss, Alex Sperafico and Gualter Salles.

What about AFS Racing and Highcroft Racing? They both indicated last year that they want to run a couple of IndyCar races in 2011.

Also, there is Team Redline Xtreme Racing. It's a confirmed car with KVRT for Indy.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    He did run six different drivers in 2003: Joel Camathias, Roberto Gonzalez, Alex Yoong, Geoff Boss, Alex Sperafico and Gualter Salles.

What about AFS Racing and Highcroft Racing? They both indicated last year that they want to run a couple of IndyCar races in 2011.

Also, there is Team Redline Xtreme Racing. It's a confirmed car with KVRT for Indy.
    I forgot about Gonzalez, and it was almost seven with Tomas Enge slated to drive the season final at Fontana, before the race was canceled due to the so cal wildfires fires.

AFS has rented and hired the old Forsythe Shop, and has Neil in charge of the operation there. Right now, they will be running lights, but they could rent a car for Indy. The Team Redline was to be an Indy only deal.

Highcroft might be an Indy only deal with Panther.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fauzy officially removed from the free agent pool

http://www.racer.com/fauzy-to-be-ren...rticle/194417/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We can expect announcements from Andretti Autosport next week. They will hold a sponsor summit. I still hope it's Wheldon in the fourth car.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110120/IRL/110129988
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    interesting in the interview w/Mikey that he says "...Marco did most of the setups, and then Ryan". i wonder if this is really true, or if he's trying to make minimize the loss of Kanaan. I was always under thr impression that TK did the lion's share of the setup work.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Add another ride buyer

Bold is set-

Andretti Autosport
    Marco
    Danica
    RHR
    Soucek

No word on who will fund RHR. They do not have funding, repeat, they do not have funding to run a fourth car right now. Any new funding would first got to RHR and Marco. They have been approaced by some ride buyers....Soucek has indicated that money is on the way, and the team should know next week...

Penske Racing/Team Penske Racing
    Power
    HCN
    Briscoe

Target Chip Ganassi
    Dixon
    Dario

Ganassi II
    Rahal
    Kimbal

A.J. Foyt Enterprises
    Vitor

KVRT
    Ride Buyer 1
    Ride buyer 2

KV Renta Team-Team steps up their management with Wurtz, The biggest checks will get the seat. Sato, Viso, Bags and more. Legge in play, if she brings cash...

Panther
    JR Hildebrand

de Ferran Dragon Racing
    TK
    (Hamilton at Indy)

HVM
    SDS

All set according to Cannon.

Conquest
    Tracy/TBD

Eric looking to land a big fish, for the entire season. 50-50 on landing PT.

FAZZT
    Tagliani
    Tung

Still working on funding for Tung.

Newman Haas
    Hinch
    Servia

Still securing funding, but looks set to start the season with this good line up. Things are not coming together as quickly as hoped, but Hinch is a good pilot!!!

D&R
    Wilson
    Conway/Wheldon

Weldon wants to pay for oval races, and Conway has enough for the road courses, so they could spilt time in one car. Others with money are looking to share the third car. Beatriz for Brazil, and a few other races...

Sarah Fisher Racing
    Carpenter-part time

Money brought in from TG. Might rent the car out for road courses.

Dale Coyne Racing
    Ride buyer 1
    Ride buyer 2/part time?

Moraes, Bags, and more with cash in hand may each get starts during the season. In 03 Coyne ran five different drivers (almost six) and might be more in '11.

The Professor and Mary Anne----(or "and the rest")

Walker-DW has said that he is set to pass unless some money comes in.
    Rahal-Has a slight chance, but for now Indy only.
    3G-Not gonna do it. $$
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto-Matic
    interesting in the interview w/Mikey that he says "...Marco did most of the setups, and then Ryan". i wonder if this is really true, or if he's trying to make minimize the loss of Kanaan. I was always under thr impression that TK did the lion's share of the setup work.
    Perhaps that explains the drop off in form for the team.... Maybe Tony had enough of it and didn't want to do it anymore......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto-Matic
    Methinks Mikey is fibbing.

There was one driver on his team who test-hopped EVERY car in the AA stable the past 2 years at Indy....that was Kanaan.

The big problem with AA now, is that Marco, Danicker and RHR are not known for knowing how to setup a car. That Soucek boy better be good at that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ryan knows how to set up a car. Neither of the teams he won with in CART/Champ Car were powerhouses.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    Ryan knows how to set up a car. Neither of the teams he won with in CART/Champ Car were powerhouses.
    True neither of teams he won with in CC were powerhouses but the race he won at Milwaukee was the same car and team that dominated the prior year with Dominguez. I wouldn't give RHR any credit for the set-up there. The other W came on a good gamble in wet/dry conditions. In my opinion, RHR is certainly an above average driver...but we have lots and lots of those.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.