Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Red Bull-are you amazed?

Is anyone here as amazed as I am about the amount of sponsorhip done by Red Bull in the various areas of sport?

The amount of $$$ they are throwing at F1, rallying, NASCAR, air races, dog shows (what else have I missed) must be incredible....

It's a beautiful, beautiful thing, but just how much profit margin is there in sport drinks?

Red Bull's presence must be as strong as Marlboros (Phillip Morris, or am I mistaken) in the tobacco era of motorsport- I can't think of another sponor more readily appraent in so many areas of sport...
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow

It's a performance-life enhancing legal DRUG so that guarantees a lot of dough.

Any other money laundering schemes it may be involved in I would not have the slightest clue - not do I know why I just came up with that last sentence

I don't drink it nor do I allow my son to do so either.

So now excuse me please as I enjoy my other performance-life enhancing legal DRUG - coffeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
    mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    It's a performance-life enhancing legal DRUG so that guarantees a lot of dough.

Any other money laundering schemes it may be involved in I would not have the slightest clue - not do I know why I just came up with that last sentence

I don't drink it nor do I allow my son to do so either.

So now excuse me please as I enjoy my other performance-life enhancing legal DRUG - coffeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
    mokin:

This you, muchacito?

For me>TEA!!!!!!

And its time for another cup!
    ( I make it almost as strong as most gringos make their coffee.)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    Is anyone here as amazed as I am about the amount of sponsorhip done by Red Bull in the various areas of sport?

The amount of $$$ they are throwing at F1, rallying, NASCAR, air races, dog shows (what else have I missed) must be incredible....

It's a beautiful, beautiful thing, but just how much profit margin is there in sport drinks?

Red Bull's presence must be as strong as Marlboros (Phillip Morris, or am I mistaken) in the tobacco era of motorsport- I can't think of another sponor more readily appraent in so many areas of sport...
    Less Red Bull might solve your insomnia problem!
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat

One piece I read stated that gross profit margins for energy drinks was generally around 50%. If I find the article, I'll link it here.

By comparison, the gross profit margin for Toyota Motor Corporation was slightly less than 15% (2010), slightly less than 16% for Ferrari (2009) and approximately 39% for Apple Computer (2010). The margins in selling jazzed up sugar water are VERY healthy.

I agree with you about Red Bull. I've also noticed that Monster sponsors quite a bit, though not nearly as much as Red Bull. I think they're with Mercedes GP this year/Brawn last year. They do a lot in off-road racing in the U.S. and they sponsored Paul Tracy some in the past.

I guess it's only a matter of time before some Great Nanny steps in and bans them from advertising in motorsport as well.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    This you, muchacito?

For me>TEA!!!!!!

And its time for another cup!
    ( I make it almost as strong as most gringos make their coffee.)
    Yes that is indeed me.

I love keeping my country's economy sound.
    . . . . with the consumption of coffee, that is . . . . .

ehem!
    mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Drink

A good friend of mine is bringing out a new energy drink shortly,its called "Bon Sweat" watch out for it,and guess who is behind it.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I believe Red Bull makes the majority of its money not from selling cans of drink at newsagents and supermarkets but from it being mixed with vodka in pubs.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They also sponsor drifters, Pike's Peak drivers and the Red Bull Air Race
    Anything that you could think of that involves balls and skill, and appeals to young men WILL have Red Bull sponsorship, even cliff diving

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Could be worse; I caught one of those filler programmes on Dave the other week with a bloke who jumps out of planes while sponsored by a well-known washing up liquid. Not sure you really want to do that while dressed in a bright yellow jumpsuit emblazoned with the word "FAIRY"
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com