Difficulty: Novice

Jan Yeo------Ford
    #1JTFan-----Honda
    Alfa Fan-----Nissan
    IronRooster--Peugeot
    Tannat------Renault
    JonBrown----Volvo
    Paddy52-----Audi

Please submit times before 12 midnight on August 29 by PM to Tannat.

Cheers
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Silverstone?
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Silverstone?
    My bad...

Yes silverstone
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I'm going to give everthing I can to win this round. 3rd in the standings isn't good enough. If only we had points for qualifying
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I'm going to give everthing I can to win this round. 3rd in the standings isn't good enough. If only we had points for qualifying
    Going back to the original rules it looks as if I did promiose points for fastest lap.

I'll need to do some re-tallying...

Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    Going back to the original rules it looks as if I did promiose points for fastest lap.

I'll need to do some re-tallying...
    Even so, my race pace hasn't been anywhere near my qualifying pace. Which is dissapointing.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I finished my race. I did a bit of practice to get accustomed to the car again, and to find a decent setup. I went for the 'no downforce' and 'full sixth gear' setting as usual, but also decided to put the brake bias one notch towards the rear, and fully stiffen up the rear suspension. This made it a lot smoother at high speed in the wet.

The race started well for me as I had not lost much time moving through the field and, by Abbey, I was in first with a clear track ahead. Laps 2 and 3 were very good. I know I lost a tenth or two in places which kind of frustrated me (badly wanted to get into the 1:13s) because on lap 4, I was meeting traffic in the final sector. I lost 1.5secs on that lap which wasn't too bad. But, unfortunately, on the final lap, I met about 6 cars at the Maggotts/Becketts complex. My idea was to find a gap on the inside on the right hander, but I didn't judge it too well. As a result, I took a trip across the gravel on the inside. I kept the rest of the lap together but the adventure lost me about 6 seconds.

Overall, I'm pleased with this race and I hope I can put up a fight for the podium as I feel this track suited the car and my driving style and that I was fairly consistent in my driving.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ive had a few practice runs now and I will submit my proper runs later on

Had trouble with the set up but I will get there

I may be a few hours late with my times.

That Volvo is awful in the wet.