Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    I'll give that a go. One of my main problems is that my gamepad works digitally which means when I steer with the 'stick' on the pad, it goes on full lock however I steer = on fast straights if I so much as touch the gamepad I start to wobble from side to side and spin off. It gets very annoying...

On Mineshaft the problem is that I tend to steer too gently as I fear hitting the inside of the corners and damaging suspension or rolling. This means that I fall off the other side instead!
    Are you using a PS2 controller-so am I.

The most beneficial thing I found was to set steering lock to 360 degrees. Also go into the main menu for RBR for controller settings and adjust the fade settings. This should 'pad' your inputs so it is not too wild...
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    I'm using a very cheap PC contoller - how can you use a PS2 controller as that would be good for me?
    I've tried looking in the menus and adjusting the fade settings but it doesn't help unfortunately - it's a case of 2 extremes - either full lock or it doesn't steer at all. I'll see what my times are like in this rally, and if they are anywhere near the rest of the group then I'll just get used to it. Otherwise I will investigate a new contoller!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm using a very cheap PC contoller - how can you use a PS2 controller as that would be good for me?
    I've tried looking in the menus and adjusting the fade settings but it doesn't help unfortunately - it's a case of 2 extremes - either full lock or it doesn't steer at all. I'll see what my times are like in this rally, and if they are anywhere near the rest of the group then I'll just get used to it. Otherwise I will investigate a new contoller!
    I had a cheapo PC controller before my PS2 controller (there is a PS2 USB connetion you can buy-check ebay, about $10 US). Feel free to check my times from last season and have a good laugh-they were HORRIBLE!!!!!

I think you are doomed (sorry) as I can remember trying to compete with the thumbpad-as you have stated it is full lock, or nothing.

Try this link

http://rallyesim.com/rsrbrlive09/adjustments_RBR.asp

Perhaps you cna adjust the car to suit your on/off input.

The really thing is that these cars don't handle so great. If you were to try an S2000 things might imrove a bit.

Good luck, PS29.
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Thanks tannat - maybe a PS2/PC adapter would be a good idea. Like I say, I'll see what I can do here, and if doomed is what I am, then I will change!

I've never tried an S2000 car but its certainly easier using a WRC car than a Group B one! My Championship car will be a Peugeot 206, or possibly a 306 Kitcar using Ford physics as this seems to suit my style. Perhaps an S2000 would help even more.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lancia 037 kudos

Guys, if you haven't tried the 037 then DO SO!

It is fast, incredibly stable under braking, and fun to drive!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    possibly a 306 Kitcar using Ford physics as this seems to suit my style.
    Can you do this with RSRBR 09/10?
    Colin Steele McRae ...5 August 1968 - 15 September 2007...

Quote Originally Posted by Macd
    Can you do this with RSRBR 09/10?
    No - I mean just in the game without RSRBR. I've spoken with Bruce and RSRBR doesn't work on my system so I'm taking part in rallies as a privateer style driver. Its up to Bruce and the rest of the regular competitors such as yourself as to whether or not you mind me taking points when (or more realistically if!) I ever get into the position. I have no idea how quick I will be in comparison to you guys so I may not even challenge for points, let alone reach the points!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Could have done much better, If we had similar fun events now and then!
    Those monster cars, require many hours of racing, until you get to know
    all their hints,tips and secrets ( In handling mostly).
    Didn't feel so comfortable, with so much power on my hands, but I had my good moments
    ( though they were less than 'call for help' moments! )
    Another thing noticed, Is that GpB cars require very good knowledge of every stage,
    as there are very specific parts, you can really get all the speed that you need, but at some other ocassions,
    you must drive slower even than a WRC car!
    Overall, It's been a great experience! Hope more like this to come!

Screenies coming shortly...

Nice shots LCD. Also finished my rally today - felt every stage went well except Mineshaft - it's a nightmare in these cars...