Page 176 of 222 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2215
    Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Hänninen? Are they serious? obviously not. I unfortunately knew that Mäkkinen would make it finnish nationalism over quality.

Pathetic choice!
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

2. Likes: Grundo Farb (18th October 2016)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    Hänninen? Are they serious? obviously not. I unfortunately knew that Mäkkinen would make it finnish nationalism over quality.

Pathetic choice!
    Who would you have preferred? Why do you think Hanninen is the first of the official names? There are more to come. Maybe surprises.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

4. Likes: pantealex (19th October 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

Pathetic choice!
    We are talking about a guy who has posters of himself driving a rival manufacturers car on the OFFICIAL GARAGE OF TOYOTA TEAM, what did you expect ? Garbage dog without an owner playing team manager. He flopped his production cup team and moved on to flop bigger and more official stuff now.

Imagine if you were an owner of a company and the manager you hired has posters of a rival company in your bussines because he was successful with them.

And the Toyota people are worthless enough not to say anything, lets see when this farce flops and laugh.
    Last edited by N.O.T; 18th October 2016 at 11:23.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    We are talking about a guy who has posters of himself driving a rival manufacturers car on the OFFICIAL GARAGE OF TOYOTA TEAM, what did you expect ? Garbage dog without an owner playing team manager. He flopped his production cup team and moved on to flop bigger and more official stuff now.

Imagine if you were an owner of a company and the manager you hired has posters of a rival company in your bussines because he was successful with them.

And the Toyota people are worthless enough not to say anything, let's see when this farce flops and laugh.
    Without a doubt it has failure written all over it. But Toyota has been a level below pathetic in all kinds of Motorsport in this millennium. It's been failure after failure and giving up all kinds of attempts before they had any chance to succeed. But I guess their WRC project this time will take the price for the most stupid and useless attempt.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Without a doubt it has failure written all over it. But Toyota has been a level below pathetic in all kinds of Motorsport in this millennium. It's been failure after failure and giving up all kinds of attempts before they had any chance to succeed. But I guess their WRC project this time will take the price for the most stupid and useless attempt.
    Please you must be more explicit in your thoughts. Not just throwing words.

8. Likes: pantealex (19th October 2016)
    Liked 64 Times in 36 Posts
    Good news for Juho. No surprise, but good news for him.

Liked 11,169 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Please you must be more explicit in your thoughts. Not just throwing words.
    Per, even the blind must see that there is something wrong with the Toyota team. As people say there's no smoke without a fire and there has been a lot of smoke going from Mäkinen's team. We all saw all kinds of strange things one can imagine somehow happening with the team. I can only hope it won't end in an epic failure but frankly I am not very optimistic.

Anyway fingers crossed for Juho.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Once something´s being said enough many times it becomes a truth. Mirek - you also started to believe before all is settled and done.

12. Likes: pantealex (19th October 2016)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Hänninen probably was the best one available for this assignment (2016 testing + 2017 full season). Let's keep in mind that Mäkinen tried to sign Meeke for this role first (atleast it was strongly rumoured), but once he decided to stay at Citroen, Hänninen was the obvious choice.

You don't win the titles Hänninen won (IRC, PWRC, ERC) by accident, so the talent is there. In his WRC drives to date, he's had some quite good (2013 MC, 2014 IT, PL, FI) and some subpar perfomances (2013 FI, 2014 PT, GB), but the "good result" hasn't materialized so far. Let's hope 2017 changes all that.

Let's see what the pace of the Yaris WRC will be... you can say that it looks slow on some videos - it's hard to argue that, but so did the i20 WRC back in late 2013 when the first test videos appeared... I guess we'll have to wait till MC to find out.

For sure Toyota is an underdog for 2017, but if the car is anywhere near its rivals, they're atleast a live dog with Hänninen and Lappi (and whoever the third driver will be).

Liked 11,169 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Once something´s being said enough many times it becomes a truth. Mirek - you also started to believe before all is settled and done.
    Name any successful team which managed to change the complete team structure, the team location and the car design during the development phase, which managed to change technical director again after all those changes which took place before. Add to that questionable all-Finn structure, an obvious cult of Tommi's personality, missing top drivers on the market (or missing effort to steal top drivers from other teams) or not very convincing test footage. How can anyone be optimistic about the result is beyond me but I admit I will be very happy to be proven wrong.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

15. Likes: AMSS (18th October 2016),AndyRAC (20th October 2016),cali (18th October 2016),er88 (18th October 2016),Grundo Farb (18th October 2016)