Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good to see that the manufacturer who makes and fits the aero kits will be able to carry their badge on the car. No more Dallara, Dallara, Dallara.

Yes, I know, but it'll look different on paper.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a let down.

After the last few weeks of rumors and hinting from "those in the know" of multiple chassis's, I had started to get my hopes up a little. I guess this was to be expected, but it doesn't give me a "can't wait for 2012" feeling.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Looking forward to what a car wrapped in Swift's clothes will look like. I don't see why they cant have them look like their previously proposed renderings.
    Chrome Horn Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wonder how the other manufacturers feel about this. According to Miller, Swift and Lola wanted sole exclusivity for the series, which went against the whole mantra of diversity and competition. The move to Dallara makes sense, after the job incentives and special discounts for Indiana-based teams became a major key in this decision. In my opinion, this is a good move to maintain the heritage and importance of AOWR in the Hoosier state.

My main concern: After this announcement, I just hope that there is still enough interest from the other manufacturers to fully participate and "clothe" these new IndyCars, mainly because it goes against their initial ideas for the new car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The broadcast resumed and they were talking about the old Dallara will NOT be grandfathered into the series.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gearbox and suspension will be part of rolling chassis. No innovation allowed there. No more Penske shock tricks.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think many of us had touched on this very concept in the past few weeks. I know I had. Standard safety cells are available from several manufacturers in the marine racing environment. A common single make safety cell, which in a modern open wheel racing car is essentially the entire tub that all the options and variables attach to seems like a good option at this time. I will assume it WON'T look like the current Dallara. Sonds like Cotman had a lot of influence with the decision to control the cost of the ancillary parts and open it up to everyone. That falls right in place with the basic premise of the Panoz DP01 and Swift Atlantic chassis. Build a cost effective basic structure and keep the bits you break every week very affordable.

If you strip the car down to a rolling tub, there is a whole lot of room to improve on on the looks of a current Dallara. The problem I have always had with the current Dallara unfortunately STARTS at the tub. I have to assume the ICONIC committee will influence the design of the tub signnificantly. It needs to be VERY generic. The current Dallara is very ummmmm, (looking for nice word beginning with a U......)"unique" in it's look, which I hope they get as far away from as possible.

I was unable to see the announcement thanks to the Uncle's Firewalls.

Did the announcement say that the undertray will be part of what Dallara supplies, and thus uniform as well? Will teams be allowed to develop their own suspension bits?

Add me to the list for a Penske as well please
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coogmaster
    My main concern: After this announcement, I just hope that there is still enough interest from the other manufacturers to fully participate and "clothe" these new IndyCars, mainly because it goes against their initial ideas for the new car.
    Yep, mine too. Until there are announcements from engine suppliers and "aero suppliers", all that's really been announced is that Indycar will have a Dallara/Honda in 2012.

Hell, maybe the Mayans were right and none of this matters anyway.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Penske will get creative with Shocks, springs, arms and whatnot. I bet everyone will be pushing those parameters.
    Chrome Horn Racing

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    thanks Gary, I was typing when you added that bit about the suspension. That can come in better times.

Nothing to say the car won't/ can't include Penske supplied shocks. they pretty much are the stardard bearer. We all know, there is identical, and then there is the Penske version of identical... There is a will to be better than everyone else... so there will be a way.
    HINCHTOWN!!