Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Veeten,I will give him credit cus he is doing it with equipment thats not necessarily the best in the Busch series,so if he does happen to land a ride in the Busch series top teams,how will he fare?Right now he is the top dog for his team,if he goes that route,he'll be second tier or worse depending on how many drivers that team has,he had better stay put.
    Hail to the Redskins Hail Victory
    Art Monk and Darrell Green 2008 Hall of Fame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right now he is the top dog for his team,if he goes that route,he'll be second tier or worse depending on how many drivers that team has,he had better stay put.
    On his experience so far, he has been performing far better than his experienced(ovals) team mates. If he gets picked up by a bigger team then his experience and results will increase.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i'm looking forward to seeing what he can do against the Cup guys on the road courses this year. does he have any ovals scheduled this year?
    give him some more experience and Ambrose might be the future for the Wood Bros., not Jon Wood.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if he sticks with the Brothers,that would be great for the bros,they need someone to get them pack into the elite teams that people will talk about.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    bumping this up for the newbies

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AMBROSE & MONTOYA COULD HAVE A HARD TIME ON THIS BULLRING. They are both sitting in a very bad position when the demo derby begins, 36 th & 34th is not a very good start in a crucial part of the championship, if the 2 of them can get a good result & have all 4 wheels on the cars at the end then i will be happy for both of them! If not the season will slip away for both of them!
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile being a newbie is fun

Quote Originally Posted by tassiedevilAB
    AMBROSE & MONTOYA COULD HAVE A HARD TIME ON THIS BULLRING. They are both sitting in a very bad position when the demo derby begins, 36 th & 34th is not a very good start in a crucial part of the championship, if the 2 of them can get a good result & have all 4 wheels on the cars at the end then i will be happy for both of them! If not the season will slip away for both of them!
    Bad brake for Ambose and fortunately my man Juan styed out of trouble.

fourteenth on his first short oval aint bad.

. . . . . and by the way, this was also technically my first oval - what a trip! When I turned on the television and saw the size of the track and the size of the crowd I felt like a little kid that gets all excited when he sees something new. . . . . and also somewhat dangerous

All the bumping and rubbing and crowding up as they were lapping was also something new for me . . . . and of course for Juan.

pretty wild and exciting.

mokin:

and by the way, these two rookies are 6th and 7th on the standings now.
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi racaf, Marcos was lucky to get anything today, this is what he said!

Marcos Ambrose – #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion

“You have days like this in motorsport,” said Ambrose.

“We got hit early and it did plenty of damage to the car. We got it back together as much as we could and went back out there to circulate to get some points.

“Once we were back out there we just tried to stay out of everyone’s way and make sure the car got to the finish.

“It was a wild race today so we managed to climb up the order as people dropped out. We are still seventh in points so that’s something to take out of the weekend.

“After practice it was all looking good. It turned out to be a day to forget for the team but we will bounce back.

“It was really difficult after the incident because I was just trying to stay out of the way.

“You’re on the bottom groove and all the marbles and you’re clipping the apron all the time trying to keep out of the way and it was just a long, long day.

“We just kept ticking off those race laps and somehow finished with a 28th place.

“I was trying to do the right thing up there, but you can’t help it when someone just knocks you out.”

If he could have got a better finish say in the top10 without being hit by( Leffler the wrecker) he could be back in 5th place, did you see how many spots Monty jumped today, from 10th in the standings to 6th & he didn't finish even in the top10 just 14th, so yeah Marcos was even lucky to even finish!

that Mex race & this one has been 2 bad races, that could have had him in 3rd place easily by now!

That would have been a great start to his rookie season, this is alright but not as good as he should be!

go aussie go !!!!!!!!!!
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that Mex race & this one has been 2 bad races, that could have had him in 3rd place easily by now
    You make your own luck racing. He did not say anything about sinking to 34th or 36th in qualifying..very quiet about that. I think the team are in a hole and need to lift.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Not qualifying well in NASCAR isn't nearly the issue it would be in other forms of racing. If you make the race, you can improve and get into the top 10 by having a good crew chief. The team is in a hole because the Wood's have been in the same hole as a group for years. Their salad days are behind them, and for Marcos to get he results he has had with them have been great, but qualfying poorly is more a reflection on the Wood's than on Marcos.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".