Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Plato not fan friendly

Just a rant about platos ignorance to his fans. 3 times me and my 2 other mates tried getting a Chevy cap and Chevy polo shirt signed by the man himself and all 3 times he brushed us aside

1st time all 3 of us went to the pit walk about was about 5mins into the walk about and my girlfriend asked plato to sign the cap as me and my mate got a card signed by Macdowell and plato refused saying he didn't have the time...Ok

2nd time i went over to the podium on my own after plato had won race 2, me thinking he would be happy to sign it i shouted his name to get his attention and calmly asked him if he could sign my chevy polo shirt and all he could say was
    "No! got to go" and walked off to the team garage.

3rd time we went to look at the cars after race 3 and plato was laughing a giggling with 2 members of the team. so my mate went over with my girlfriends Chevy cap and as my mate was walking over he looked over and my mate asked plato if he could sign the cap and he just shuck his head and walked into the team trailer.

I mean we all fork out to by tickets, buy team merch costing us about Ł125 and spend the time walking over from knickerbrook 3 times and he couldnt spent 5-10 seconds of his time to give us something back. talk about an ignorant a**

also like to add after i asked plato to sign my shirt i watched neal sign about 15-20 dunlop caps and endless amount of times having his pic taken with fans. now that's what i call spending time with fans and showing how much they mean to him.
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was a bit of a bit of a bad weekend for Jason, despite his win, you only had to see his interview after the first race to see how dejected the guy was.

It was a couple of years ago now, but I saw him at the Autosport show, shouted him across a crowed exhibition hall and he was more than happy to come across and sign stuff and chat.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    something wasnt quite right with him on sunday, I could tell from the post race interviews. no idea why he would refuse point blank to sign something 3 time though.

I did see him once lighting up a fag around a load of aston martins a few years back at the snett, i thought i could get an autograph but he clearly wanted some private smoking time...

also I saw on the BTCC forum earlier, someone had spat on Plato's porsche. not the best weekend for him, clearly.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR

also I saw on the BTCC forum earlier, someone had spat on Plato's porsche. not the best weekend for him, clearly.
    wow that wasnt nice. i take back what i siad. maybe ill get better luck at croft

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That suprises me about Jason, he's normally a quite good guy in that respect. Take for instance Last Year at one of the pit walkabouts, I handed him a Dunlop cap that had already been signed by a few other drivers and so he signed it himself and then got Mat Jackson and James Nash to do the same for me.

I think something else has probably happened that we aren't aware of because he didn't quite seem right even after he had won race 2 on sunday...
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMLCruzeing82
    wow that wasnt nice. i take back what i siad. maybe ill get better luck at croft
    certainly not nice indeed. not what I'd expect from a british motorsport crowd.

but anyway, If you have the same experience at croft, then you can be rather annoyed. Just hope you catch him on a good day!
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I can only echo that you must have caught him on a rare bad moment. I've met JP many many times, both as a fan and then as a journalist, and he's been nothing but courteous and friendly to me. In fact I'd say that he understands the business of PR better than most, and goes out of his way to give good value to the fans and the brand he races for. Don't let this poor experience taint your opinion of him
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    You can't blame the bloke for having a bad day. It must be irritating having to sit in a crowd of people and sign stuff all day and then get doorstepped wen you open your car door. When I'm sprinting it's only for a few minutes at a time but as soon as I get in I just want to get my helmet off and have a sit down and ignore people
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    I can only echo that you must have caught him on a rare bad moment. I've met JP many many times, both as a fan and then as a journalist, and he's been nothing but courteous and friendly to me. In fact I'd say that he understands the business of PR better than most, and goes out of his way to give good value to the fans and the brand he races for. Don't let this poor experience taint your opinion of him
    its not going to stop me from supporting him was just disappointed after trying for so many years to get his autograph.

ive got Reid's, Turkingtons. Clelands, Rydells and ive missed plato everytime

o well better luck next time.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Sorry to hear that RMLCruzeing82.

3 rejections in a row on the same day is a bad score. I hear that some drivers never forget a dejected face. Fingers crossed mate at your next race meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    Matt Neal?