Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    this week was fine, whenever ESPN2 went to commercial ESPN still had the race going on in Spanish, though I don't know what they are saying, it was nice to know I got to watch the race with only about 1 or two commercial breaks
    Yeah, I switched over too. Can't speak, or understand Spanish, but it was cool. Enjoyed a couple of the Spanish commercials.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    even though I didn't understand them, they were better than hearing Rusty shouting in the microphone
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So Montoya hit his teammate, BFD! Rookies do stupid things sometimes.

I managed to watch the first 15 laps (going back and forth between English and Spanish) and the last two laps, and the rest I had to listen to on the radio. I took 2 years of Spanish and all I remember is how to count and tell time, but I recognized a few small parts.

I haven't seen a replay yet, but rookies are dumb.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djarumdudley
    Nascar's usage of the yellow flag is even more glaring on road course. there was a time before tv ratings and "a better show" that Nascar knew how to use the local yellow. now a one car spin is just another lame way to get a bunched up field.
    I think they'll use it more in the cup races where the drivers are more experienced running on the road courses.

JPM was certainly impressive, but I would have to say I was even more impressed with Denny Hamlin. He kept up pretty well those last few laps. Still I can't want to see him mixing it up with Stewart, Gordon, and the rest of the cup drivers. I think the international road course community is going to have a lot more respect for them after Infineon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    do people forget that Hamlin won last year after outrunning Boris in the final laps. so yeah he knows that track and knows how to win too.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    can't wait either.

I was disapointed to see how Pruett reacted on camera and on the track at the end.

looked like a fool in my eyes but I will give him the benefit of the doubt once he has calmed down.

let's see what they all say tomorrow (or in a couple of days) once the dust is settled
    I second that Race. I did not like Scott's reaction. Even if he is not at fault he would have done well to keep his mouth shut. To call JPM a dirty driver is nothing more than a pathetic statement.

Dont these guys ever wonder, where JPM would have been had he not experienced any trouble today. He would have won by 30 plus seconds. Scott had the same car as JPM but he could do nothing to match him. And to come from 20 places behind in only a handful of laps was just very exciting and sensational to watch.

Today I saw one of Montoya's best performance and I dont really care about the overtaking of Scott. JPM made this race exciting. As an F1 fan I will certainly watch the other 2 road course races this year...
    Michael Schumacher:The Best driver there is, The Best there was and The Best there ever will be..........Lewis Hamilton: The new rising star....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
    Those cautions at the end sure killed the flow of things...got ugly. NASCAR really needs to learn how to properly officiate a road course race, with more use of local yellows etc.

Good job by JPM, regardless of the contact with Pruett(for which JPM deserves the bulk of the blame) it cannot be overlooked that Montoya came from 19th to the lead in less than 25 laps.
    I agree. Bottom line was Montoya was impressive and came away with the win. Pruett has a little bit of an ego and was beaten by a better driver....today.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow

OK.
    I just posted the Speed Report on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_if1mD1_mfc

much will be talked, oppinions will vary, bottom line is,
    Juan Pablo Montoya has officially arrived - hold on to your pantalones.

race
    mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Scott Pruett took himself out.
    Juan had a run on Scott and went for the opening on the bottom of him.
    Scott tried chop blocking Juan when he saw him coming, but he chopped too late and got punted.

If Scott didn't want to get wrecked. He should have lived up to his post race words and let the faster teammate car go by, instead of trying to block the faster teammate car.
    Cup - Stewart, Kahne & Labonte
    IRL - Hornish, Castroneves & Dixon
    F1 - Alonso, Hamilton & Räikkönen

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Great work from Montoya - just saw Race's SPEED report. He would have been the absolute KING if he'd made that last pass on Scott Pruett clean, but sometimes, **** just happens (see Mexico ChampCar race 2006).

I always had the opinion that he had the most raw, natural talent on the F1 grid and it seems to be proving true in the transition to NASCAR. I hope he does well for the season, even if I don't have access to see it.