Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    we talk about Kubica. what has he done till now? expect for the 2008 canadian GP. which offcourse was due to the famous pit lane accident .
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like Felipe, he's one of the good down to earth drivers on the grid. He reminds me of Alex Wurz, another good guy. Felipe is a damn good driver but I think he's mentally been hurt by watching Alonso take over the team. The infamous pass by Alonso into the pitlane shows who's #1 in that team. He's also lost confidence in some of his remarks re: his performance with the car.

The difference between Alonso and Felipe is star power and with two world titles it falls in Alonso's favor.

Martin Brundle summed it up best at the Spanish GP when Legard asked Martin about the pecking order of the teams. He said #1 is Red Bull because of their pace. #2 goes to Mclaren for their updates and charge towards the front and #3 goes to Ferrari because of Alonso. I don't think the Ferrari is really all that good and has taken a step back the last few races. But Alonso put the car 4th on the grid for qualifying and benefited from Vettel's pit stop and Hamilton's tyre blowout.

Regardless Alonso has extracted more from the car than Felipe at this point. Alonso love him or hate him is Schumi like in that he can extract the most from a turd car. I remember Schu win a few races when he first joined Ferrari and that car was basically a sled.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Ferrari could keep massa under contract and place him with a team using their engine
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've seen someone mention that Ferrari are sniffing around Webber but I can't find anything to substantiate the rumour. Anyone seen anything on the intraweb anywhere?
    wrc.smugmug.com

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    ^ http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/0...itical-season/

Kubica is certainly one option, but I wonder whether Webber might be another. This quote along with a few other things I heard privately in the last few weeks make me wonder whether Ferrari is tracking Webber as a possible candidate for Alonso’s team mate. It’s not an obvious fit, in marketing terms Australia isn’t much use for Ferrari or FIAT, but Alonso and Webber go back a long way to their Renault days and there is a lot of respect there.
    But that's just an opinion, nothing solid.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    It has been dissapointing. I am wondering whether Massa might not be the same since his accident. His driving is not looking like it did the last couple of years.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    It has been dissapointing. I am wondering whether Massa might not be the same since his accident. His driving is not looking like it did the last couple of years.
    It's possible but he was strong in Bahrain. I think it's more to do with possibly a lack of confidence since it's becoming obvious Alonso has become Schumi at Ferrari and because they are enamored with Fred that the improvements to the car could possibly be based on his suggestions, much like Schu at Mercedes. Just my 0.0002 cents

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Not to mention a broken front wing. But these are just details in the eyes of the bashers.
    Well, as I'm a basher, I had better point out that he actually showed better pace after the front wing was dented causing Rob Smedley to joke that perhaps they had found the answer to Massa's pace problem.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio

That so has nothing to do with his performance issues, his relationship with Fred, and the well being of the team.
    He's outclassed, and out gunned by a highly motivated superior driver.
    I like Massa but I'll support anyone Ferrari trot out there. If I had my druthers I would take Kubinski right now,
    and I do believe Ferrari will probably bring in “The Kube” if he (Massa) continues with his current form.
    Totally agree that his suspicions are not related to his performance but in my post I tried to summarise all factors including the relationship within the team.

I think that any personal issues between the two strengthen the argument for replacing Massa as Alonso is the numero uno.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have never been a massive fan of Massa, I remember his first season with Sauber in 2002. But I feel the guy needs to be given a chance this season, its early days yet.
    Marcus: "Tell Corrado, three gears is enough!"