Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MMMMM Melandri

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My understanding was that CE was doing a lot of testing for Rossi, meaning his bike was quite different from both Rossi's and the Tech3 bikes. Whatever worked, went on Rossi's bike for further evaluation. Not sure how the filter-down for Tech3 worked but I doubt whether they got much useful stuff out of the CE/Rossi science.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Melandri is not happy

Looks like Marco is being very vocal about what he had been promised by HRC and what he's actually getting. His claims (according to crash.net and a few other news sites) is that he was promised he would be on the same priority level as Hayden and Pedrosa.

His comments/complaints were all made after the Jerez race but before he was topping the time sheets during post race testing. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

So is Marco just blowing smoke or do you think he actually believed he was going to get the same priority?
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good result for the duo Gressini have scored the fastest of post race testing at Jerez although I think very often about the mean of post race testing more as dally and dally over than collecting the right data of the result.

I am not sure about getting the second part from Honda despite being rider for a satellite team, I don’t think he is in the right capacity about the first part from manufacturer.

Melandri’s problem is consistency,
    Considering Elias performance at Jerez and provided the post race testing is reliable, I am afraid of him about blowing smoke. mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Melandri wont be treated on par with the factory honda drivers which is a pity but he'll be the first guy after them to get the new parts
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    İ would not be shock to see Melandri off to Suzuki or even Ducati for next season

or maybe to world sbk?
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope no WSBK, I think he still belongs to the best riders in the world.. But maybe Suzuki, Ducati or even Yamaha (which will probably not happen as long as Rossi's there) will do him better than where he is now
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No chance of WSB but I could see him replacing Capirex at seasons end at Ducati. I believe that he was offered a factory bike by Honda in a bid to keep hold of him from defecting to Ducati. How quickly he gets those new parts I don't know but he was always unlikely to get equal treatment with the Repsol boys.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Perhaps Melandri shouldn't have taken the red pill that Max gave him
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    No chance of WSB but I could see him replacing Capirex at seasons end at Ducati. I believe that he was offered a factory bike by Honda in a bid to keep hold of him from defecting to Ducati. How quickly he gets those new parts I don't know but he was always unlikely to get equal treatment with the Repsol boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corny
    I hope no WSBK, I think he still belongs to the best riders in the world.. But maybe Suzuki, Ducati or even Yamaha (which will probably not happen as long as Rossi's there) will do him better than where he is now
    sayıng that he could go to Ducati, Suzukı or even Kawasaki, but also sayıng that ıf he did a max biaggi a few years ago and nobody doesn't want hım he could go to wsbk
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    Perhaps Melandri shouldn't have taken the red pill that Max gave him
    i bet he thought the green pill was the bad one
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese: