Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Neal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Steve Neal

Is it just me or is anyone else fed up with Steve Neal's constant moaning? First of all I want to clarify this is not just some character bashing thread, I am a big fan of team dynamics & all that they have achieved, and the championship would definately be a poorer place without them. It's just that everytime he gives an interview it is moaning about all the other teams/drivers in the championship, and in some cases putting down his own drivers (except Matt of course). At the end of last year he was complaining about waivers that the Silverline Chevrolets and AON Fords had, and guess what, at media day yesterday it was the new Chevrolet Cruze, the fact the AON cars are running on lpg and event the new TOCA diesel engines that were all 'unfair'. The whole idea of the BTCC is that there is a diverse mix of cars competing and this is always going to throw up challenges for the organisers to ensure a level playing field and i for one think Alan Gow and his team do a great job in this respect. I'm sure more than one team boss has had gripes in the past but surely it would be better kept in meetings behind the scenes than to be constantly moaning to the press about how hard done by his team is.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First of all, does anyone know what these waivers were or are?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unless ive missed something, the new NGTC engines are Diesels??!!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Theres no diesels in the field and the NGTC engine is deffo not diesel!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Steve Neal never seems happy unless he is moaning. He spent most of last year complaining about BMWs as well as the Chevrolets Any team is going to moan to some degree about rules and waivers when it doesn't benefit them, but he seems to have turned it into an art form. Whilst I don't know enough about the Civic, didn't the Integra have some sort of rule break when they raced it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the integra was homologated under local rules as it isnt sold in the UK, didnt hear 888 or anyone else moaning too much at the time

Steve Neal is actually a sound bloke IMO, yes he is passionate but he sticks up for his team and is probably one of the most loyal to the BTCC, also from what i have seen he isnt afraid to get his hands dirty if there is a job to be done
    2009, Jonathan Adam BTCC, marshal at Knockhill Orange dont be seen trackside without it

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Yes Steve moans a lots, but lets not forget this guy has run entries in the series for nearly fifteen years now, often out of his own company's pocket. The BTCC would be a poorer place for his absence.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who cares? The Moaning and Complaining is all part of the BTCC, I'm just glad someone has carried on the tradition because last year we had 3 guys racing for the championship, and they all liked eachother! now THATS a novelty...

I say we bring back the old 'Muller vs Plato' and 'Neal vs Plato' style rivalries....
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Steve Neal is a God and very good at what he does. I love the fella and if I had a womb would offer to birth children for him.

If TD didn't enter into the BTCC each year, I am sure you would be bitching about that too.
    Nick The Flick :imubash:
    :angryfire Everyone is entitled to my opinion :angryfire
    Visit http://www.extremephotos.co.uk. Go on, you know you want to!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick The Flick
    SI love the fella and if I had a womb would offer to birth children for him.
    That's brave. Have you seen the size of Matt?