Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Meeting your ex

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The reference to "getting one's card stamped" had me laughing out loud as well....

Around here, my buddies and I usually refer it to getting one's "oil changed"......
    hadn't seen Mark quite a while, being busy with cars, oil changed?...

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    If she was happily married for several years too, then perhaps. But since she is single NO! The womens code of honour will require that your wife kills your ex
    or kills you....or kills both of you.....or runs off with one of her ex's......

OTOH, you could invite the ex over for a threesome. Did that once and it worked out well, until they decided to run off together without me......Donkey's momma was never much on being loyal
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    This evening I have a meeting with my ex. We broke up six years ago and both had long term relationships since then. I am four years into my marriage. Recently we bumped into each other at a party and agreed to be on speaking terms again. I would like to be friends with her and would not mind having a coffee and chat once in while. Still, I am afraid that being single she will try to lay her claim on me again, which I would not fancy. What would you/did you do in such case?
    You will find the same reason you left is still there. Have the coffee and it won't go anywhere
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Roamy, it's been a while since we last discussed that story. A lot of things happened since then. To put it in a politically correct manner I remain fully committed to my family.
    Llibertat

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    All these rules about what you are and are not allowed to do are really putting me off ever having a long term realationship
    That is nothing.

Wait until you get married, and discover that the rules turn into laws of a more numerous, complex and universal nature that have draconian punishments for failing to adhere.

And unlike laws where you have to actually do something to break them, with clarity required to be enforceable, the more frequent offense is to fail to do something in a timely and proper manner as determined ex post facto.

And when you want to know what you did wrong, you are now in even worse trouble....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    That is nothing.

Wait until you get married, and discover that the rules turn into laws of a more numerous, complex and universal nature that have draconian punishments for failing to adhere.

And unlike laws where you have to actually do something to break them, with clarity required to be enforceable, the more frequent offense is to fail to do something in a timely and proper manner as determined ex post facto.

And when you want to know what you did wrong, you are now in even worse trouble....
    You make marriage sound like F1
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    You make marriage sound like F1
    He's not far off the mark!!!

My wife changed shorltly after we got married, and changed again when our kids were born.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    He's not far off the mark!!!

My wife changed shorltly after we got married, and changed again when our kids were born.
    And then she changed her name to Lotus?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    And then she changed her name to Lotus?
    She changed her name to NO! Or maybe that's what she calls me now cause thats all I ever hear :
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    She changed her name to NO! Or maybe that's what she calls me now cause thats all I ever hear :
    Took her a long time to figure it out. My son barely learned to speak when he understood that "no" is the most useful and efficient word in human communication.
    Llibertat