Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    http://www.v8supercars.com.au/car-of...8/default.aspx

The Car of the Future has supposedly been "released". Though in reality all they've suggested is a marketing drive, and the following announcements. The Car of the Future will have:

Control:
    - floor plan
    - roll cage
    - rear suspension
    - rear uprights
    - wheels
    - tyres
    - E85 Fuel
    - gearbox
    - differential
    - brakes
    - cooling
    - fuel delivery system
    - electronics loom
    - ECU

The weight drops from 1350kg to about 1200-1250kg, the fuel tank is to be moved forward of the rear axles, the rear wing surface is to be controlled between the mounts, and the V8Supercar must share the same "likeness" as the road car.

What's annoying about this is that there aren't as yet a set of technical regulations defining anything, and nor is there any statement as to what the "Engine Equalisation Program" is supposed to entail.

I would suggest that the most likely candidates for new manufacturers if they are going to surface are someone like Geely or Great Wall, or something.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From the info that Rollo has provided...and a big thanks for that,

I would not be very interested if these COF's are looking more to a DTM format. Where the car is only to resemble the road going version.

What I like about the V8 supercars is that although they are heavily modified, they still look very close to the road going version.

I certainly do not want to see a DTM/Nascar drop on body that only just resembles the road going version....

The racing is great because they cars are difficult to drive, adding extra performance by weight loss and chasis mods and flared gaurds with winglets every where....I mean come on!!!