Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    According to Autosport, the drivers want to use Shakedown as a qualifying session, to decide the running order
    If the drivers are for it I'm sure it'd be good, but I don't understand how that would work... would the shakedown results give the reverse starting order for day 1, or all three days?

Even the current system would be fine if drivers weren't allowed to know splits and times during the last stage of the day. Stopping any non-emergency radio contact between teams and drivers would do it, but it'd be difficult to enforce. Drivers could still slow down at the end of the stage in the hopes of getting a better position, but without knowing what was going on, it'd be a risky move.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Well as Wilson and Ford are just as happy with these tactics where do you all suggest Ogier and Sordo move to? Both manufacturers are pulling these tactic not just the evil French as some of you seem to imply.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Or men pop out from the bush with a sign. For qualifying, then I would just try to qualify slower. For lower class sweeping, you have to think marketing as well, people wants to see the fast cars.

Going back to reverse seems to be the best choice if you want changes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Someone could tell me why Flodin lost 27m in the last stage to Armindo and yet is still in front of him in overall classification ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    According to Autosport, the drivers want to use Shakedown as a qualifying session, to decide the running order.
    It would be good, also it would give some value to the shakedown, at the moment its nothing but a wast of time.
    The system that they did have in AUS a few years back, where drivers could choose their starting order was best sofar.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    According to Autosport, the drivers want to use Shakedown as a qualifying session, to decide the running order. Personally, I'm all for it.
    As for Quesnel, he has history; protesting against Audi at Le Mans\ Sebring. Not that Ford are innocent either!
    Sounds sensible.

How did the system worked in the old days, where the drivers were seeded a different starting number (almost) every rally? Was it just a draw or..?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    It would be good, also it would give some value to the shakedown, at the moment its nothing but a wast of time.
    The system that they did have in AUS a few years back, where drivers could choose their starting order was best sofar.
    Not a waste of time, need to drive a bit to get the feeling, especially drivers who gets little to no testing. How will you know how to setup the car for the rally? How about F1 practices, waste of times? No testings for newcomers like Rosjean.

Of course, you can have qualifying in addition to shakedown. Again I point out its better to qualify slower so you can start later, same thing. However, let highest qualifier choose his starting position, and so on for the next fastest qualifier. This is still down to tactic and will get abused.

Quote Originally Posted by jrally
    Someone could tell me why Flodin lost 27m in the last stage to Armindo and yet is still in front of him in overall classification ?
    It was seconds.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmx
    Not a waste of time, need to drive a bit to get the feeling, especially drivers who gets little to no testing. How will you know how to setup the car for the rally? How about F1 practices, waste of times? No testings for newcomers like Rosjean.

Of course, you can have qualifying in addition to shakedown. Again I point out its better to qualify slower so you can start later, same thing. However, let highest qualifier choose his starting position, and so on for the next fastest qualifier. This is still down to tactic and will get abused. Don't think qualifying works for rallying.

It was seconds.
    Offcourse the fastest chooses where he want to start between 1-15, the second fastest after him, 15 fastest should do like this, the rest in time order. Also there should be limited runs, max 3, fastest counts.
    And this same could be used also to decide next days driving order, the fastes chooses where he want to start next day.... and so on.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82678

Seems perfectly sensible to me.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like it too