Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lighten up time-UFOs, proof?

I have no doubts that some of us have seen something in the sky that we have no explaination for. If you would like to relate your tale here, go ahead and do so. But my real question is proof. Nobody has any conclusive proof.

Quite a few people are convinced that various governments have proof, pictures, debris, beings, entire spacecraft, etc. from all sorts of mishaps where an alien craft managed to navigate hundreds of thousands of deep space to get to earth only to plow into a mountain side while sightseeing.

But, if it didn't happen, or there is another explaination, classified at the time, how can the government prove to your satisfaction they aren't covering up something that didn't happen?

I once got a letter from the IRS (tax people) that I owed addititional taxes and penalties on $27,000 I made in Alabama the previous year. I had worked for one company, in Texas that entire year and knew nothing about the Alabama deal. Turned out the IRS had a 1099 form with my name, but no address or social security number from a company in Alabama. How am I supposed to prove, beyond all doubt, that I did no work for that company? It's impossible. They finally backed off, but I can sympathize with the government not being able to release records they don't have on an incident that didn't happen.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The sheer distances that an alien being would have to travel to get to the Earth make the whole idea extremely unlikely to me. I'm not saying that there isn't other life in the universe - or even other intelligent life - just that physics would seem to make it impossible for them to visit us.

Sure, they might have a better understanding of physics and better technology, but in that case I would expect the UFOs that we have supposedly taken photos of to look much, much cooler.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I say a fireball that moved strangely in the sky when I was about 8. Not seen anything since though
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I was in the Lake District with the other half and some friends in December 2008 and we'd been in a pub that had a 7 page beer menu. Needless to say I was a little drunk. In the taxi home I thought that I could see a UFO but I was keeping it to myself until I was really positive. About 15 minutes into the journey I realised the taxi driver was wearing a hands free mobile phone kit and this blue flashing light that I could see was the light on it reflecting off his side window. Note to self....always be weary of seeing UFO's when you are drunk.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    There's almost certainly alien life out there somewhere, the sheer number of planets make that a statistical likelyhood. But are they jumping onto spaceships and travelling billions of miles just to abduct a drunk redneck? Nope.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I saw three UFO's with the color of clouds several years ago. I tried to photo them, but they were not visible with the photo - only if you watch them with your own eyes. I personally believe in the UFOs and in aliens, but will not dare to speculate whether they are connected and how.
    Formula 1

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    I once saw something that looked like a bright shiny round shaped object next to the sun in the late morning. I was like 12 and I knew it was a UFO. About twenty years later I decided it was just a reflecttion of sun in a multi layered glass.

Then I saw two bright objects in the night flying over the city on a low height in complete silence. Again, I knew instantly, these were two UFOs. Now I tend to think these were two birds that just reflected sity lights.
    Llibertat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd be willing to bet that most of the UFO sitings are some form of secret or experimental planes. That or people are drunk or high.

Look at this logically. There probably are other life forms out there, and likely there are some that are more advanced than us. But why would they travel thousands of light years only to study (seemingly anyway) the uninteresting spots mostly in the deserts. Wouldn't you, as an alien, want to see what all the big bright spots on this planet are and go to places like New York, LA, London, etc?
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    I'd be willing to bet that most of the UFO sitings are some form of secret or experimental planes. That or people are drunk or high.

Look at this logically. There probably are other life forms out there, and likely there are some that are more advanced than us. But why would they travel thousands of light years only to study (seemingly anyway) the uninteresting spots mostly in the deserts. Wouldn't you, as an alien, want to see what all the big bright spots on this planet are and go to places like New York, LA, London, etc?
    If they excist, they might think different and find big cities boaring.
    In movies anyway they have bad navigation systems, in case they are looking for intelligent life, for some reason they end up in places where people are usually less intelligent.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    When I was about 12 years old, a couple of friends and I saw a light in the sky, but I wouldn't describe it as a UFO. It was more like unusual northern lights. I've seen northern lights many times, usually in the winter. They appear in the north, get larger and smaller, and seem to wave around like a blanket or flag in the wind.
    The light I saw this evening was different. It was straight overhead. It started out small but slowly grew larger and larger, with spiralling arms much like the pictures of spiral galaxies from the Hubble. It grew for about 5 to 10 minutes until it covered a large portion of the sky. Then, just like northern lights, it just slowly disipated and was gone.
    I still have no idea what it was or what caused it.