Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Looks like Balfe has to eat sh!t, again.
    How very amusing.
    Haha! +1
    Formula 1

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Another nail in the coffin for Pitpass's credibility. They should stick to writing opinion pieces: at least they're funny, even if for all the wrong reasons.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    pitpass (midnight star http://www.themadmusicarchive.com/so...spx?SongID=776)

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=39956

David Richards, chairman of Aston Martin and Prodrive, has revealed that he will not ride to F1's rescue this year to take the slots of either Campos
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Fry

As said earlier Fry was to nice for his own good.At least Brawn got the team turned round and got more out of Button.My memory was of Fry always making excuses for Button not finishing ,or how Button was trying his best.
    you need to be made of harder stuff in the world of F1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I'm not a huge fan of Joe Saward, but this is one good article:
    http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/...-for-nick-fry/
    Formula 1

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Whilst pitpass did obviously get it wrong I fear some people are missing the point here. Nick Fry is no longer on the board of directors.

As Milly says he's a lame duck CEO and all the big decisions will be made by others.

People criticise pitpass but how many other sites actually come out and actually properly criticise Bernie and Max in a direct and honest way? Your autosports and respected bloggers will never come out and say "person/team x has done this or has been accused of this" because they know that as soon as they go nosing around they'll get cutoff from the feed of information.

A lot of the so called opinion pieces these days are just lightweight and merely say what everyone is already thinking or what everyone already knows. Whilst that's better than press release regurgitation, it's still not that great

Do people really just want bland aggregators like the amazingly lame www.rallybuzz.com who seemingly post every press release that is sent to them?

Personally I'd rather have original thought and slightly off target journalism any day of the week!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    People criticise pitpass but how many other sites actually come out and actually properly criticise Bernie and Max in a direct and honest way? Your autosports and respected bloggers will never come out and say "person/team x has done this or has been accused of this" because they know that as soon as they go nosing around they'll get cutoff from the feed of information.
    Before looking into his rose-tinted specs Nigel Roebuck writes well without turning into Ioan or Henners and let crazy conspiracy theories drag on

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Swings and roundabouts. Pitpass ironically don't actually have one, they don't travel to GPs and therefore don't have to panic that they'll suddenly find themselves stood outside the paddock with the card reader refusing to acknowledge their pretty but useless passes.

On the other hand that's no excuse for many of their reports ranging from unfounded speculation to outright bull - they seem to be under the impression that if they run enough stories then statistically some of them will be turn out to be true.

Strip away the comment pieces and the verbatim press releases and there's not much actual news on the site.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Swings and roundabouts. Pitpass ironically don't actually have one, they don't travel to GPs and therefore don't have to panic that they'll suddenly find themselves stood outside the paddock with the card reader refusing to acknowledge their pretty but useless passes.

On the other hand that's no excuse for many of their reports ranging from unfounded speculation to outright bull - they seem to be under the impression that if they run enough stories then statistically some of them will be turn out to be true.

Strip away the comment pieces and the verbatim press releases and there's not much actual news on the site.
    Perhaps true. I'll admit to not reading pitpass every day but tbh it makes a nice change from the majority of content elsewhere which ranges from creepy slightly sexual sycophantism to rallybuzz levels of tedious regurgitated boredom.

Swings and roundabouts though
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Perhaps true. I'll admit to not reading pitpass every day but tbh it makes a nice change from the majority of content elsewhere which ranges from creepy slightly sexual sycophantism to rallybuzz levels of tedious regurgitated boredom.

Swings and roundabouts though
    Reading Pitpass is no different to reading forums and posters' intentions for a forum war