Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ford Focus Mk3.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Other than it being an RS, I'm not entirely certain of what I'm looking at here (an actual car, a foreign version or just a concept), but I have to admit that I like the overall looks of this car. I'm going to soon need a new daily driver - the Subie WRX is getting some age on her. If I could get this particular car, with this particular styling, as a turbo 4 cylinder with AWD (gotta have AWD), I would head to the dealership this summer. Sadly, I'm less than thrilled with the styling of the new WRX's. Just like the Jaguar XK8, after the 2005 MY, I feel that the styling went down the tubes.

For a daily driver, this car is me: the middle aged dude that refuses to accept that he's not 25 any longer.

"Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Other than it being an RS, I'm not entirely certain of what I'm looking at here (an actual car, a foreign version or just a concept), but I have to admit that I like the overall looks of this car.
    That is an Mk.2 Focus RS. That particular car is after the facelift in 2008.

I suspect that the Mk.3 Focus RS will look similar to the Mk.3 Focus ST

Probably the glasshouse will have to be altered, because as far as I know, there isn't yet a 3-Door Mk.3 Focus.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Other than it being an RS, I'm not entirely certain of what I'm looking at here (an actual car, a foreign version or just a concept), but I have to admit that I like the overall looks of this car. I'm going to soon need a new daily driver - the Subie WRX is getting some age on her. If I could get this particular car, with this particular styling, as a turbo 4 cylinder with AWD (gotta have AWD), I would head to the dealership this summer. Sadly, I'm less than thrilled with the styling of the new WRX's. Just like the Jaguar XK8, after the 2005 MY, I feel that the styling went down the tubes.

For a daily driver, this car is me: the middle aged dude that refuses to accept that he's not 25 any longer.

Well these cars are commonly know in the circles I am in as a Frod (rhymes with the crime) F:ck-us.
    (Well it is a fraud in a way since it is merely a fwd car, a samhe when the essentially identical Mazda can be had with the same excellent Duratec/PZ and AWD)
    The new Sub-a-rat, since it is essential a cheesoid set up in the rear every biyt as weak and flimsy as the Frod F%ck-us and it even looks nearly the same, is known as a Suck-us.

But the new short black skirt is not new but old:
    RWD
    More fun, less bother.
    Stick a good multi-plate diff in the back and good tires and you'lll have more fun at fractions of the cost.
    (Says the man who will be un-awd-ing his 4x4 Cosworth rally car soon)

I'd suggest a nice 240 Volvo turbo built right....with the right parts.
    More fun than a Subie costsing 10 times as much.

Nobody want to see what the oem suspension looks like in these F)(ked-us?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    The interior looks identical to that of a Mk 1 focus. In the stock version at least, the Mk 2 interior got a spruce so this picture confuses me.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    I suspect that the Mk.3 Focus RS will look similar to the Mk.3 Focus ST

Probably the glasshouse will have to be altered, because as far as I know, there isn't yet a 3-Door Mk.3 Focus.
    That front end is disgusting. The whole car seems out of proportion.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    The interior looks identical to that of a Mk 1 focus. In the stock version at least, the Mk 2 interior got a spruce so this picture confuses me.
    That's because that IS the interior of a Mk.1 Focus. The interior of the Mk.2 Focus RS looks like this:

The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    That front end is disgusting. The whole car seems out of proportion.
    Wassamatta U? That's called "the dead fish mouth" look. It's the latest thing man!!! Look its everywhere, on Audis, on Evos, on Fang Yongs, EVERYWHERE!

Having a grill that looks like a dead fish mouth is the new black mini-skirt for all the boys.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat