Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Jacques Villeneuve. The man can't drive for **** but this forum was much more fun when he was around.

Schumi vs JV vs JPM! Them was the days.
    Can't drive for **** , but just topped the sheets in Nationwide , never having driven the car before , mid-season , at a track they've never been to in the series .
    That's 1.18seconds ahead of the field .

Yeah , can't drive for **** .

You want some real fun on the track , too ?
    Get him back .

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Jacques Villeneuve. The man can't drive for **** but this forum was much more fun when he was around.

Schumi vs JV vs JPM! Them was the days.
    well then considering he can't drive for ****, he must have been awfully lucky to win the CART championship in 1995 and F1 world championship in 1997.

he was a very good driver in his prime, unfortunatly he was beginning to be past his best by the turn of the century.

having said that, as mentioned above, fastest in NASCAR nationwide practice is not bad.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    well then considering he can't drive for ****, he must have been awfully lucky to win the CART championship in 1995 and F1 world championship in 1997.

he was a very good driver in his prime, unfortunatly he was beginning to be past his best by the turn of the century.

having said that, as mentioned above, fastest in NASCAR nationwide practice is not bad.
    actually in 1997, I thought JV was going to be one of the absolute best ever.....and then he just seemed to go off somewhere in less than about two or three years later..... ....I have wondered if that would be the path of hamilton, but so far, it seems not.

It will be interesting if Vettel goes down the JV path.....after Monza that year, I thought the Seb was on the very same path to absolute greatness...what a performance in the rain...but now?????????
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    The most efficient way of spicing up debates on a random F1 forum would be the battle of Senna v Schumacher.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    actually in 1997, I thought JV was going to be one of the absolute best ever.....and then he just seemed to go off somewhere in less than about two or three years later..... ...
    Well, Williams made a dog of a car for 1998. Although his team-mate (Ralf Schumacher?) got the better of him that year, one can be forgiven for not adjusting well to the new grooved tyres. And, by 1999, he agreed to step on board the over-optimistic BAR project. I'm not even saying that he did the best with his machinery - but I do think his downfall was a series of unfortunate mis-matches and unfulfilled prospect.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    There is only one driver I would love to see go head to head with Schumi and in a Mclaren or Red Bull: Niki Lauda.

"The Rat" and Schumi are the only drivers on the same wavelength. The Austrian pioneered the approach.
    OMIGOD we AGREE!!!

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    See what I mean? One negative comment about JV and people are firing up all over the place!

This forum had some real spice when JV was in F1 and at his best, or worst, depending on your point of view.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    See what I mean? One negative comment about JV and people are firing up all over the place!

This forum had some real spice when JV was in F1 and at his best, or worst, depending on your point of view.
    True Dat!!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Based on that splendid 1984 Monaco Grand Prix, a time when not Prost and Senna were teammates at Mclaren, but Senna as teammate to the man who was even QUICKER than him on that wet Monte Carlo afternoon: Stefan Bellof.

And another: Mike Thackwell, absolutely electrifying in an f2 car on the Nordschelife, in a Red Bull or Ferrari.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    Based on that splendid 1984 Monaco Grand Prix, a time when not Prost and Senna were teammates at Mclaren, but Senna as teammate to the man who was even QUICKER than him on that wet Monte Carlo afternoon: Stefan Bellof.
    Very good choice

I'll follow that up by suggestion a man with mountains of potential: Tom Pryce - killed in a freak accident way before he had a chance to develop his career.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam