Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    There's testing and then there's the donkey work. I think Malcolm is doing the best possible thing for his son and is keeping him well away from the Monte. I don't think it has anything to do with faith - it's just simple who the faster driver is.

I actually bet if Matt had been offered this drive he would have been very aprehensive - maybe even turned it down. There will be some intense spotlight on this car.
    Good point and I agree, best to keep the boy well away from the place.

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I suspect that after Scotland, Malcolm realised he would need to send Mikko to Monte if he wanted to win.

I expect the Fiesta to be bang on the pace. M-Sport are an experienced team and the Fiesta is running to the latest regulations (wider) and I don't think anyone else will be for Monte.

Honestly, I expect Mikko to be able to fight for the win but I don't think the "gap" will be as big as some people expect it to be.
    my opinion is that Mikko has to be extremely brave to follow Meeke-Hanninen-Kopecky-Sarrazin in Monte.Without problems-flat tyres i except all them in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I suspect that after Scotland, Malcolm realised he would need to send Mikko to Monte if he wanted to win.

I expect the Fiesta to be bang on the pace. M-Sport are an experienced team and the Fiesta is running to the latest regulations (wider) and I don't think anyone else will be for Monte.

Honestly, I expect Mikko to be able to fight for the win but I don't think the "gap" will be as big as some people expect it to be.
    Don't think the wide body will have much influence unless we're talking dry asphalt which I suspect not.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    Don't think the wide body will have much influence unless we're talking dry asphalt which I suspect not.
    Might make a good snowplow though!
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo
    If Fiesta is competitive and Mikko is allowed to push, then he is indeed miles ahead of IRC boys. There's no doubt about it and whoever says something different is embarrasing himself...
    I suggest you the first excuse if something different happens: "oh no the Fiesta is a young car it's not developed like the 207 or the Fabia ! It's obvious that he didn't beat those unknown IRC drivers !"

Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    I suggest you the first excuse if something different happens: "oh no the Fiesta is a young car it's not developed like the 207 or the Fabia ! It's obvious that he didn't beat those unknown IRC drivers !"
    Or "those unknown IRC drivers have already done a season in the IRC, you can't expect Hirvonen to just step in a new car and win especially as he hasn't done the rally for 2 years but he tried hard..."

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Hehe, don't temp fate guys or Mikko might 'do an Ogier' and drive slow the whole rally and end up winning

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    i cannot see hirvonen winning monte in the fiesta.....Ford produces those spin off cars to tempt the useless privateers to make malcom rich so he can sponsor his son to ridicule himself.....remember the s1600 ??

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    i cannot see hirvonen winning monte in the fiesta.....Ford produces those spin off cars to tempt the useless privateers to make malcom rich so he can sponsor his son to ridicule himself.....remember the s1600 ??
    S1600 wasn't initially designed and built by M-Sport.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Your argument fails, so do you!!!! I am sure M-Sport builded a great car because this may be their next car for the WRC.