Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

WTCC 09: The Showdown

so it comes down to Macau. 2 9 lap races between 29 drivers, 3 of whcih fighting for the world championship; leader Tarquini, frenchman Muller and outsider Farfus. with farfus 3rd on the grid for race one and tarquini and muller back in 7th and 8th its gonna be good. im cheering on outsider farfus ofcourse in his BMW.

both muller and tarquini along with thompson had large crashes in practice so this could get interesting.

my bets are on muller to wint he championship though, although i dont want him too.

any thoughts and predictions for the finale?
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd like farfus to win but its up to the SEATs as far as I'm concerned
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    having seen the results (no spoliers for those who haven't sen the coverage on telly yet), and the qually reports, does anyone think that Macau is no longer safe for top flight motor racing - Muller, Tarquini and Thompson all with visits to hospital from qually, Thompson bad enough that he has damaged his feet and is on crutches and lost his sight for a short while immediately after the accident and now Engstler hospitalized with a broken collarbone and severe bruising after the race - not a very successful weekend IMO
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The season was decided before the first race of the season.... and the FIA got it's wish...

I feel fully justified now that I didn't waste a year watching this mickey mouse series

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    The Engstler cash was horrible...it was only luck that prevent the other Beemers not collecting him first.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    The Engstler cash was horrible...it was only luck that prevent the other Beemers not collecting him first.
    Nah it was the drivers acknowledging the waved yellows. The guy in that Seat should be banned from FIA motorsport, the incident was completely unacceptable.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the way that two of the Beemers (I think it was the chinese dragon racing and one of the engstler cars) had a small bump while just trying to get though the wreckage
    Please ignore ALL of the above....