Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts

Video response to Ken Block's day off.

Irish rally driver Kevin Lynch (with family and friends) respond to some American guy....
    A great effort:

http://www.youtube.com/ANGELDOTFILM

Further info http://angeldot.co.uk/index.html

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    so we now have the official war of the nobodies....the one who prevails wins a carrot.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    so we now have the official war of the nobodies....the one who prevails wins a carrot.
    ......Man you got me in tears! LOL
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Does this kind of a thing have a appeal with the people of this forum?
    I have seen the Ken Block videos, and his "awesome" which everyone seemed to talk about...
    I am not a fan of that kind of publicity stunt, somehow I miss this guy's appeal... Is it just me?

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    No way man.. Ken Block is a legend!!! He's now as big as McRae.. as Official ambassador for the new DIRT 2 "rally" game... Awesome!!!

[snigger]
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    as a show its quite entertaining...but the problem is that those nobodies use these videos to showcase their rallying skills..which is wrong. And to see that nobody american do such stuff is ok since they don;t really have any kind of rally culture over there or very limited one, so i understand that the general public might be impressed by those shows. Now to see an Irish nobody do something like that i think its not good for the sport since i admire and have huge respect for irish rallying.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    I haven't followed Irish rallying for a year or so so correct me if I'm wrong. But Kevin Lynch didn't seem to enter too many rallies with that Focus. But he has no problem spending money doing this?

Maybe it is a way of generating exposure/sponsors but I'm not sure how.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not a fan of Ken Block's videos but the one I saw is a lot better than this. They really didn't do anything impressive or even interesting, it was just drive around and slide sometimes. At least Ken Block had the segway dude.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    No way man.. Ken Block is a legend!!! He's now as big as McRae.. as Official ambassador for the new DIRT 2 "rally" game... Awesome!!!

[snigger]
    I was about to ban you for saying that, then I saw that little smile and...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Think most miss the point of the video - to highlight the production company, Angeldot, which I believe is run by Kevin Lynch's son Sean. I don't think it was ever meant to be on par with Block's Gymkana video. Block had 500 BHP, differentials and gear ratio's to suit (as reported by the Prodrive engineer that looks after Lynch's S12B) and I imagine this video was made on 10% of Block's budget. More a bit of fun I suspect and promotion for young Lynch's company which, according to their website, offer stunt direction, filming and management etc. For essentially a DIY, low budget offering it's not bad.

Simmi, Lynch has done little rallying over past year or so, especially after this in 08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blU8a_cpzK0
    Always felt he was one of the faster Irish drivers over the last 4 or 5 years.