Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: R-Classes News

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyPat107
    Anymore details? It's supposed to be out for 2014 correct?
    I read something awhile back about a 1.6 turbo, 300 ps, short-wheelbase, and the intention of going rallying again. But it might just have been speculation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is there any information about Renault Sport homologation plans for the new Clio 1.6T (200 EDC)?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not built to R rules, but here is Mark Higgins when he drove a 'rally' prepared Subaru BRZ
    Mark Higgins and the Subaru BRZ take on Isle Of Man [Video]

So an R3 BRZ could come about?

Renault Sport is an interesting one, as they are active with their homologations for R cars but they are not involved in the WRC with world rally cars, S2000, 4WD etc.
    Nav

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was thinking about Clio 200 EDC R3T/class 5 homologation plans, if they exist. Until now RS announced that Clio Cup will make its competitive debut in the 2013 Eurocup Clio season, but nothing about rally homologation.

I'll be glad to see Clio or Megane version in R5 class, despite that Megane N4 was a disappointment for me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In the UK there is the BRC (British Rally Championship) which is allowing manufacturers to enter a new R class car without having to get an FIA passport for the car.

In a bid to encourage new cars into the R classes, it has to be the manufacturer or a motorsport team which is representing the manufacturer though.

So lets see if 2013 could bring about M Sport to work on the new Fiesta 1.6 turbo road car into a R3T rally car? Same for Subaru UK with the BRZ for R3.
    Nav

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What will be Subaru main plan in building an R5 car? To provide rally clients from all around the world a (costly) substitute for their Gr.N cars or to get officialy involved in international series like ERC or APRC?

Either way I hope they'll use R5 as a mean to get back to WRC, their natural environment!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganil
    What will be Subaru main plan in building an R5 car? To provide rally clients from all around the world a (costly) substitute for their Gr.N cars or to get officialy involved in international series like ERC or APRC?
    To replace the N4 cars that are being phased out... and seeing as R4 isn't up to much...

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    An R5 car will only allow them to get back to the WRC in the new WRC2 category. Too much difference to have a simple means of making a WRC variant of an R5 machine.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganil

Either way I hope they'll use R5 as a mean to get back to WRC, their natural environment!

Main goal, win WRC 2 and get data. Earning money by selling cars.

Liked 11,169 Times in 4,435 Posts
    I think that winning ERC is much more interesting than WRC2 because You can win there overall and that is something different. Look now who is interested in SWRC or PWRC? Besides few true fans no-one even knows something like that exists...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump