Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    Well, if that was the case, why don't they disband the IRL?? According to TG's own words it has never made a profit so why keep it going?

i would imagine there has been many a discussion of just that over the past 6 or 7 months

wouldn't you?

how serios they have been remains to be seen
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    i would imagine there has been many a discussion of just that over the past 6 or 7 months

wouldn't you?

how serios they have been remains to be seen
    I would have done that long before that even...
    The IRL is obviously worthless without the 500. However I wonder if IMS is worth more with the IRL or rather without the IRL.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    I would have done that long before that even...
    The IRL is obviously worthless without the 500. However I wonder if IMS is worth more with the IRL or rather without the IRL.
    from where i sit its worth the same...

IMo if the IRL disappeared tomorrow in some form cars and drivers would show up in may to compete

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancvino
    I hope they are not really entertaining this "crazy" notion.

I would not have brought this up if I did not see a rumor on AR1 site to this effect. It just got me rethinking about what two friends said (over drinks). They both are lawyers and if they were directly involved they would be bound by Client/Attorney privileges, that's why I was dismissive about it at the time.

Bruce Martin say's everything is fine and he wouldn't B.S. us right?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Some would. But 33? Or even close to that number?

I dont think 33 would be a problem....IMo of coarse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think you'd be hard pressed to get twenty cars, let alone 33. How many teams would be willing to field a car for a single race. There are a lot of costs that get amortized across a season. Doing that for a single race would be expensive.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    I think you'd be hard pressed to get twenty cars, let alone 33.
    IMS could buy up the Dallaras from defunct teams and rent them out to one-off drivers/teams who wanted to try their hand at the Indy 500.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    IMS could buy up the Dallaras from defunct teams and rent them out to one-off drivers/teams who wanted to try their hand at the Indy 500.

That's only the tip of the iceberg. Where would you find 33 support teams? If there is no IRL all of the behind the scenes folks will be looking for full time work elsewhere. The pit crews, mechanics etc. are not going to sit around on their hands. I doubt you'd be able find enough folks for a one off race who are not otherwise engaged.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    That's only the tip of the iceberg. Where would you find 33 support teams? If there is no IRL all of the behind the scenes folks will be looking for full time work elsewhere. The pit crews, mechanics etc. are not going to sit around on their hands. I doubt you'd be able find enough folks for a one off race who are not otherwise engaged.

Gary
    How did it come to this? From my vantage point, the IMS/IRL are conjoined twins with little hope of separation without both expiring.

If this sale thing is true, do the sisters know what they might be about to do? They will become as popular as Berine Madoff. The IMS is part of the fabric of Indianapolis. They may have to go into the witness (culprit) protection program.
    Don't waste your time having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd go over the wall .... Any team needs a tire changer or a fueler for a couple wekends in may just drop me a pm..

I'll cover. My plane ticket(s) and grub.... If you can find me couch would be great