Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I agree. All of the members from that thread who where banned are among the biggest contributors to the forum. Even if they sometimes cause controversy, banning them doesn't help the forum.
    If your going on high post counts by saying "biggest contributer", that could in certain cases also be thought of as spamming or trolling just to get the highest post count....

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I agree. All of the members from that thread who where banned are among the biggest contributors to the forum. Even if they sometimes cause controversy, banning them doesn't help the forum.
    I have to disagree here: two of then banned members have been pushing the envelope a helluva lot, and baiting other members and ridiculing them for their opinions and ideas. Banning them might have been the best thing for this forum.

It is my understanding that things got very nasty, pino spent an hour cleaning things up, and deleting offensive remarks.

I stand by pino and I reckon what he did will result in better discussions and atmosphere in the long term.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mi amigo Pino

I am amazed at how long Pino has lasted in this thankless job as moderator of this, our Motorsports Forum.
    Moderators are here to do just that, moderate, but that "just that" is really not that simple - it is an enormous responsibility that requires time and patience and if you some how make the mods inpatient by not following their requests, they then have the right to impose the "law". It's in the fine print when you signed up to this forum.
    I've seen many members assume responsibility for their bans and when they return, they continue contributing.
    They take their licks and keep on ticking.

So take it or leave it.

mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7

"Banned" is silly. Why not change it to suspended or even better, Gardening Leave. At least that way, we know they have the option of returning.
    That's exactly what happened. In fact, they will be unbanned after the next race next weekend.

Pity, because a couple of them deserved a longer stint in the garden.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Let me just say I support Pino and Mark 100% in their decision. They do a thankless job, and they are the only ones that had access to all the information that led them to the decision made. Most of us didn't see the entire thread, nor were we aware of any past warnings or edited posts by any of these members.

Like most forum members here, I have some I get along with better than others, and have opinions. There was only 1 of the 6 banned that surprised me, as I've witnessed enough to convince me the others had it coming. And I'm sure that 1 that surprised me warranted it as well, simply that I hadn't seen it coming.

What really bugs me about the entire thing is the actions of a lot of people in all these threads. Members were banned for turning a discussion and debate into personal attacks and letting the issue spiral out of control. Yet the threads involving this issue are filled with members doing the same. We have moderators and forum members pointing the finger at Pino and Mark for their decision, and taking what jabs they can at each other and the banned members.

A mob mentality of continued rule infractions does not make it right. We could all voice opinions without making it personal.

I hope all the banned members return to debate with us during the silly season events, as all of them provided input that most of us on the forum enjoyed at some point. It has been made clear that the decision to return is theirs, and I hope all of us would be adult enough to let the past be the past if any of those members offended them. As Race said, many return admitting they deserved it, and contribute to the forums once again.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Before I go any further let me say I have had run ins with both Pino and Starter.
    Unfortunately that thread got into quite a few nasty posts that had nothing to do with the supposed topic.
    Some non moderators tried to cool things down and get things back on topic.
    Pino had family commitments when all this blew up and came in late on the out of control discussion. Apparently no other moderators were on line.
    People, please realize these people are all unpaid volunteers who give up untold hours to make things work.
    Once Pino saw what was going on he issued warnings to all on the thread. Note plural.
    Some posters did not heed the warnings.
    Pino had to act and he did.
    By the time Pino got through dealing with the uncalled for posts I expect his boiling point was about 1000 degrees celcius.
    Maybe some posters got banned that should not have been.
    Conversely some that maybe should have been did not.
    I support Pino.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    ah banning is fine - it is the lifetime ban you want to avoid. the mods are fair and if you get banned on this forum you most likely deserve it. they will be back. I didn''t get to see the offending posts - maybe we should have a archive for them.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    After some really good points made by all, I cant add much other than it was a little weird to hear of the "massacre" of sorts and not see the evidence. My only request I suppose is to see a tag saying posts numbered such and such removed by moderator. Then at least I would know somehting happened. The thread in question just ends and for someone not quite up on how this all works would think Pino suddenly lost his mind. We know now he didn't, and from all accounts did his job correctly so now I know more, that is my only request ( and it is just that...maybe the Mod's decided they don't want to dwell on it).
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    I suspect the thread in question has been cleansed of the offending posts...
    It may well have been, but I was reading all the way through and NO WAY were 6 members worthy of a ban. Absolutely ludicrous. Lazy moderation at its finest.

Seems quiet in here without a few key members. The world is a worse place without the freedom of speech, some of which was taken from members unnecessarily the other day.
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    It may well have been, but I was reading all the way through and NO WAY were 6 members worthy of a ban. Absolutely ludicrous. Lazy moderation at its finest.

Seems quiet in here without a few key members. The world is a worse place without the freedom of speech, some of which was taken from members unnecessarily the other day.

I do not think that Pino's hours he spent tidying up their mess is lazy moderation. Why are we having this discussion anyway? If you don't like it, go to another forum... no ones holding anyone here against their will