Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedii
    well i was wrong... at least he raced for it
    He's had little chance today with that strategy of his. Kubica who stopped two laps after him came up a couple seconds in front.
    Sure he should have had to be faster but I doubt he could have been more than 1 second per lap faster to make it work out against Webber who had a 3 more laps at disposal.

This was probably Rubens last and best shot at the title, and you are right, at least he fought for it.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Obviously Jenson haters are unhappy, but ioan, I didn't mean "old goat" as an insult, more like an "old fox". Sorry for my poor choice of words.
    No problems there, I was a bit worried when I first read it.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Rubens is a true gentleman - he's loaned Button his private jet so Button could celebrate with his crew and still get back to the UK for his promo apperance.

Thanks for keeping this season interesting Rubens. Hope you land a good drive next year.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    This was probably Rubens last and best shot at the title, and you are right, at least he fought for it.
    I agree. He did. It would have been great to see Rubens win in Brazil and take the title fight down to the final race of the year, but some how I didn't think it would happen. (Easy to say now I know

For one thing, Rubens has never had much luck in his home race and the puncture was another example. But also there have been races this year when Rubens simply has not had the race pace to get the result he needed, and that seemed to be the case again yesterday.

Still, he's had a great season and if he doesn't get a drive in 2010 it will be a great way for his F1 career to come to an end. In some way I hope he does walk away now, because I don't think he'll reach these heights again.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    In some way I hope he does walk away now, because I don't think he'll reach these heights again.
    It is true. In my opinion it is now the best time to retire, as a guy who fought for the championship.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    It is true. In my opinion it is now the best time to retire, as a guy who fought for the championship.
    He finally got a fair crack at the whip and gave it his best. He has been a superb driver and one that has bested every one of his team mates on occassions. Even Schumacher couldn't live with him on his day.

He could go on another year but if he does, I think it would be to give something back to a team that needs his experience.

He has a beautifull wife, lovely family and needs to start thinking about that although there will only ever be one Rubinio but as for his victory dance, well I think he should team up with jenson for a Singing / Dancing duo on X factor