Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I for one hope this title is sorted at Brazil. Purely for selfish reasons - I'm gonna be in a plane 30,000 feet up when Abu Dhabi's lights go out.

I should think the Merc engines should offer the Brawns a decent chance to put this to bed.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    Why do you constintly refer to Schumacher's retirement when you're talking about Alonso, which is also totally out of context, let alone bs.

But fair enough, let's keep it on topic. Alonso will not win...
    Schumacher is still part of f1, just not racing and he could have been. Alonso is the driver that beat Schumacher in 2005 and especially 2006 and tipped the German into retirement.

The Spaniard did what Schumacher achieved at Bennetton with Flavio - a double title.

Now he is the replacement for Schumacher in the drivers seat - and his teammate is Massa, the protege that will still have Schumacher in his pit during grands prix.

From 2010 Alonso will be seeking to win championships with Ferrari and his aim, is to beat Schumacher's records as he seeks to also end his career at the Scuderia.

Is Alonso a better driver than Schumacher - they are both one of the best.

Alonso races in an era where there are a handful of other drivers to beat - Schumacher had only one at a time.

But the significant difference, compared to Schumacher's era and makes it even more complex and difficult is that these days due to the control tyres, cars have become as mercurial as drivers - nobody knows what car is going to turn up and the days of boutiqueing tyres as Schumacher had and Alonso at Renault in 2005 and 06 are gone.

The most intriguing part of Alonso at Ferrari is watching just how he is going achieve beating Schumacher's records. If there is a driver with the ability and determination to do that it is Alonso.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I for one hope this title is sorted at Brazil. Purely for selfish reasons - I'm gonna be in a plane 30,000 feet up when Abu Dhabi's lights go out.

I should think the Merc engines should offer the Brawns a decent chance to put this to bed.
    Selfish reasons rather than sacrificial ones are noble.

I too hope for selfish reasons that the title battles are wrapped up in Brazil because I am a enduring supporter of Jenson - it still irks me that he could not participate at Monte Carlo in 2005 because I think he would have won and I was there!! - and also, Interlagos is one of the new traditional tracks in a beautiful nation and, it deserves the honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2009
    Now that's just plain not fair!
    You mean to say that above all the work that Fred has to do;
    assimilating the Ferrari processes, and procedures,
    having to walk around on eggshells not to hurt anyone with the initial FM feelings,
    and not being overbearing,
    he also has to shove a cap up Mike's @$$ mokin:
    That's asking a lot! Even for Fred.
    ahh! You put it so well! So why do I think "yes" he can?

Because he has a wonderful Latin temperement and in the proper environment channelled in a positive way - Ferrari not trying to undermine him as they have always done with Kimi - it will work in his favor as opposed to against, such as during the Dennis Mclaren days.

Y'know, at the end of 2007, it was already time for Dennis to have left because he was the central cause that Alonso failed to win the title.

And not that Kimi was an undeserving champion far from it - Mclaren owed him BIG TIME - but I think it would have been appropriate if Kimi had begun his title acceptance speech at the FIA dinner with: I would first like to thank Ron Dennis for making this moment possible, thanks Ron

Liked 1,090 Times in 607 Posts
    Kobayashi replacing Glock is good in that he gets a chance to race in F1 but it doesn't matter to me either way unless he scores some points.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a really weird dream last night.

I dreamed that Vettel got sideways on the track and got slammed into by a Toro Rosso, then Webber came and hit the back of the TR, and eventually they picked up the two Brawns. It was really vivid, so vivid that I woke up to look and see if there had been any news on Autosport from the Red Bull camp.

Well, let's see if Red Bull keep their form from Japan and come out swinging in Brazil. I want Vettel to fight until the very last GP and have Webber redeem himself for his string of mishaps!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    And Fernando "the Schumacher killer" Alonso always goes well at Interlagos ...
    Like he did in 2003 eh?!
    Stop daydreaming.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Like he did in 2003 eh?!
    Stop daydreaming.
    Woah! Someone's happy.

Did you just come back from your honeymoon?
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Like he did in 2003 eh?!
    Stop daydreaming.
    Brazil 2003?

Lets see: the race that the great Schumacher was OUTQUALIFIED by his temmate - Pole Position to Barrichello versus SEVENTH for the German Herman?

Then in the race, Alonso only in his 20th grand prix went from 10th to 3rd and Schumacher SPUN OFF! in his 182nd grand prix

what a dreadful performance by Fernando "the Schumacher killer" Alonso!!

Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I had a really weird dream last night.

I dreamed that Vettel got sideways on the track and got slammed into by a Toro Rosso, then Webber came and hit the back of the TR, and eventually they picked up the two Brawns. It was really vivid, so vivid that I woke up to look and see if there had been any news on Autosport from the Red Bull camp.

Well, let's see if Red Bull keep their form from Japan and come out swinging in Brazil. I want Vettel to fight until the very last GP and have Webber redeem himself for his string of mishaps!
    Top drivers like Vettel do not have to be encouraged - its in their makeup to never give in. It is errors that have to be eliminated.

And again, top drivers make mistakes once, they rarely repeat them but learn from them.

Webber is not in the same league as Vettel. This is as good as it will ver get for him while Vettel will still progress and is definitely champion material.

If Vettel were to win the 2009 title it would be the most remarkable event in modern motor racing and even a Button supporter like myself would applaud such an incredible performance.